(Work Remotely from anywhere in the World)
We’re so happy you found us. Since you’ve come this far, it’s safe to say you’re curious about our story and what career opportunities exist, so we’d love to start by introducing ourselves.
Then & Now
Our story starts in 2006 with three founders in a Sydney garage (no, we’re not kidding). Born from a desire to earn a living doing what they loved, with the flexibility to do it from anywhere, Envato set out to create an online community for buying and selling creative digital assets. Nearly 13 years later, we’re profitable and still totally bootstrapped. This allows us to stay super experimental and totally focused on the best interests of our authors & customers around the world.
We’ve built marketplaces where anyone can buy and sell the creative assets they need to complete their projects faster. Our community can now buy millions of different kinds of assets on Envato Market, or subscribe to the #1 unlimited subscription service for creatives, Envato Elements. Every day, these products continue to help everyone from freelancers to small business owners and agencies get their creative projects done.
While we are known and loved within the digital professional community globally, where our authors have earned over $750 million, we also want to be a place where anyone can Make with Envato. Alongside Market & Elements, our portfolio also includes Milkshake, a website builder for Instagrammers, Placeit, a smart template tool for logos, mockups, graphic design & more, Mixkit, for free stock footage and animation, and most recently, Twenty20, a stock-photo subscription service.
With over 600 people globally, we have offices in Guadalajara, Mexico & Los Angeles, alongside our funky Melbourne HQ. We pride ourselves on being super remote friendly, with a staffing population just as diverse as the global community that use our products. To keep this sustainable as we scale, we support people to work from anywhere, whether that’s the beach in Croatia, on the Mornington Peninsula, or from their living room.
You will be joining a newly formed delivery team in the Content Group, who look after our community of Authors, a community of talented and successful creative entrepreneurs that earn a living through offering high-quality content to the Envato ecosystem.
You’re responsible for understanding, exploring and solving user and business problems as part of a collaborative and user centred design process on a range of projects balancing the needs of our users with the business goals and company vision. You’ll also add your visual design expertise to enable efficient and iterative delivery of a great product.
You report to a Senior UX Designer as part of the UX & Design team, and are also an active member of an agile product delivery team. You will collaborate closely with both teams to solve user problems.
You will be responsible for defining a user experience that solves user needs that is accessible and consistent with other Envato products. You are expected to:
- Support the successful design and delivery of projects via a clearly defined, collaborative and repeatable design process.
- Facilitate, participate and lead collaborative workshops and 1:1 interviews with your delivery teams, stakeholders & subject matter experts to help the team understand problems and opportunities, explore ideas and validate direction.
- Work with our UX Researcher to determine the best research methods and then execute on the plan.
- Rapid prototype design solutions to validate with our users.
- Apply the Envato design language to mockups and support the development team on the entire implementation process to ensure the designs will consistently come to life.
- Provide constructive feedback to other designers in the team.
- Present and rationalise design recommendations to General Managers, Product Managers, Designers and Engineers
- Align with the Envato values and design against Envato’s design principles.
As a member of the Envato Design Team you will be expected to represent design in a consistent way to your delivery team and other parts of the business by:
- Instinctively collaborative in how you work and seek feedback both formally and informally with all types of stakeholders.
- Being the champion for our users and their needs through a well structured design process that is centered around validation.
- Being an advocate for the brand and consistency with an acute understanding of when to push, question and if appropriate improve the guidelines.
- Constantly looking to improve your process and the way we do things at Envato.
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrated experience in a similar UX/product design role with a portfolio showing examples of how you:
- Explore and understand the user problem via formal and informal research & testing sessions and being able to translate into tangible insights.
- Working with stakeholders throughout the project.
- Explore different design directions and chose a selected option.
- Next steps/lessons learned.
- In depth understanding of user interface design including usability, accessibility and responsive design.
- Experience working with engineers in an Agile or Lean environment to make the dream becomes a reality.
- A fantastic culture of creatively minded, hard working people who are passionate about Envato and being part of its growth and success
- Flexible working conditions – we want you to love your work but also your life outside of Envato
- We actively work on creating a safe, inclusive environment free from discrimination
- A fast paced and progressive environment where everyone has regular interaction with teammates and Envato community members from all over the world!
- We’re offering a competitive salary package & benefits ($85k-$110k package, but flexible depending on experience)
Who should apply?
We care deeply about diversity and inclusion at Envato, and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then we’d like to hear from you.
How To Apply:
Click on the Apply button below to process a job application for this position.
Submit a cover letter, an up to date copy of your resume and answers to the below questions. Good luck!
- Salary Offer $85k-$110k / Annual
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years, 8-10-years, 10-years
- Education Level not-required
- Working Hours Flexible Schedule
- Closing Date July 22, 2019
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page