Company Website: https://www.bustle.com/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Part Time
Inverse has an immediate opening for a writer to help our readers reach the next level — literally. The right candidate is enthusiastic about writing evergreen guides that live above the news cycle and have a long readership tail. If you’re interested in writing definitive, thorough explainers that answer questions both pointed and broad, this is a great position for you.
This position is not a news-writing position but it does spin off the release cycle of new games, DLC updates, and ongoing titles (Destiny 2, Fortnite, etc.).
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Flavorpill Media, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, Romper, The Outline, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, and London.
- Can file either 2 1,000-word guides per 6-hour shift, or 3-4 shorter, answer-focused posts per shift
- Contribute to collaborative feature projects (guides, roundups, etc.)
- 1-2 years’ experience writing about video games or a related field
- Ability to work sometimes weird hours to accommodate for game drops
- Have a keen visual sense of how to best create a guide (GIFs, embedded videos, screenshots) to solve the question. Sometimes just a photo works best
- Minimal Photoshop or GIF-making skills a plus, or even basic illustrations on a screenshot. (A red arrow or a circle goes a long way)
- A working knowledge of SEO and how people search for games as a “second screen” experience (people searching on their phones while they are stuck in a game)
- Must pitch guide ideas + angles for how to cover them
- Conversely, must be receptive to receiving guide assignments as needed.
How To Apply:
Click “Apply’ button to process your Job application!
- Salary Offer To be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level
- Education Level Unspecified
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Closing Date January 31, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page