Company Website: https://kinsta.com/
Remote Locations: Asia Pacific
Job Type: Full Time
Remarks: This role’s shift need is Monday-Friday 9pm-5am UTC (our support team uses UTC for scheduling).
Kinsta is a modern cloud hosting company focused on WordPress hosting. We run our services on cutting edge technology and we are proud of the level of support we offer to our customers.
Our client base is growing steadily and we’re looking for a competent Support Engineer with exceptional communication skills who can provide enterprise level technical support to our customers via our support system.
Our support team works with our customers using chat and email (we use Intercom.io exclusively for these purposes).
- Take ownership of issues reported by customers and see problems through to resolution.
- Research, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve customer issues.
- Follow standard procedures for proper escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
- Monitor uptime and analyze transactions data using third party analytics tools to resolve more advanced issues.
- Document troubleshooting and problem resolution steps for internal use and to extend our Knowledge Base.
The ideal Kinsta Support Engineer is technically-knowledgeable, upbeat, professional, curious, and self-motivated.
Excellent support is one of the cornerstones of our business. Our clients have come to expect industry-leading support and it’s our pleasure to deliver that to them. As a result, we’re pretty careful about adding new Support Engineers to our team.
We hire Support Engineers with a variety of different areas of expertise – some of us are WordPress developers, others are Linux server gurus, while others are technically-knowledgeable internet generalists who have mastered the art of customer service.
- Completely fluent in English with excellent written communication skills.
- Capable of thriving in a fast-paced and occasionally stressful environment interacting with multiple clients simultaneously while maintaining a professional and friendly tone.
- Our Support Engineers must know WordPress deeply. All we host is WordPress and we have the best support team in the business (even if we do say so ourselves). While you don’t have to be a full-fledged WordPress developer to be a Kinsta Support Engineer, you do need to know the WordPress database and file/directory structure as well as the wp-config.php file like the back of your hand. Experience with WP-CLI certainly advantageous.
- Consummate professionalism: we’re a distributed team and we expect you to act like the professional we know you are. That means being a member of the Kinsta team requires excellent communication, rock-solid reliability, and the drive to bring your best effort to bear on your work every single day.
Our Support Engineers deal with a lot more than just WordPress! While you don’t need to be a full-stack developer to fill this role, you will be providing hosting support to full-stack developers, so you do need to be familiar with the full-stack, from Linux web servers to browser dev tools.
- Completely fluent in a second language. Languages we’re currently targeting include: Italian, French, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Swedish, and Danish. If you are fluent in one of these languages please highlight this information when you apply!
- Deep expertise in any (or all!) of the following: WordPress, Linux, NGINX, PHP and MySQL.
- Experience setting up, managing, and supporting LEMP/LAMP stacks.
- Prior experience working with customers over chat in a technical role in a fast-paced environment – particularly experience providing live support for web hosting or WordPress products.
How To Apply:
Click “Apply’ button to process your Job application!
- Specific Job Location Asia Pacific
- Salary Offer To be discussed
- Experience Level Entry Level, Junior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours This role’s shift need is Monday-Friday 9pm-5am UTC
- Closing Date February 1, 2020
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page