As our Email Marketing Manager, you will be on Toptal’s Growth team. You will specifically own everything email and play a significant role in bolstering our pipeline efforts all the way from customer acquisition to brand evangelism and advocacy.
This is a highly cross-functional and collaborative role where you will touch many different functional areas of Toptal. You will be the central processing hub for all strategic and tactical initiatives that involve email across the business and its respective units.
The role is suited for someone with B2B digital marketing experience (email and/or digital product preferred) while the ideal candidate will also naturally think in terms of logic and systems. We are looking for someone who enjoys exercising both logical/rational thinking as well as creative thinking on a daily basis.
- Success in this role is measured in three primary ways:
- 1) Bolstering our KPI’s across all funnel steps, introducing experimental strategies, and testing/analyzing these for effectiveness.
- 2) Owning, organizing, and centralizing all email initiatives across our business units to optimize the usage of email while maximizing its effectiveness.
- 3) Being able to think creatively and speak to our customers and prospects while being able to structure the interplay of marketing systems.
- Work closely with all stakeholders across the Growth, Sales, Matching, Product, Design, and Content Strategy teams, serving as both a strategic partner and effective project manager.
- Own a strategic roadmap of prioritized experiments across the entire funnel and set up respective measures of success/failure.
- Manage the rollout of validated experiments and ensure these continue to run smoothly over time.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and subject matter expert for email marketing across all stakeholders throughout the business.
- Be able to provide rough drafts of messaging and content arcs for email campaigns.
- Operate with a high degree of empathy and strive to understand our customers at all stages of the sales funnel.
- Proactively learn about other functional areas of Toptal and ideate how email marketing can complement existing strategic initiatives.
- Utilize our analytics tools to dive into user behavior to find issues and opportunities which can be translated into a new initiative.
- Be in constant communication with team members via Slack.
- Set a high bar: Toptal has a very high standard for quality and so should you.
- Passion for growth: you love to read about digital marketing and growth hacking in general. Bonus points If you call yourself a “growth nerd”.
- Exceptional eye for detail: You will be the owner of all things email marketing at Toptal and as a high-tier brand, every email needs to be scrutinized to perfection. Therefore, you will care about minute details or discrepancies and be able to spot them easily.
- Proactive: this is a remote position which requires self-starters. We don’t measure how many hours you work, but you will be expected to consistently contribute value and deliver assignments by the deadlines you set.
- Autonomous: you will have support and direction, but you will also be able to know how to manage your own time, prioritizing the projects you have and knowing when to get clarity on prioritization of projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. We are a remote company and this is a highly communicative role, so this goes without saying.
- Demonstrated interest and proficiency in digital marketing, analytics, and ability to think like a product manager. You will be taking a product-centric approach to email marketing.
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, and often rapidly-changing environment, with a strong emphasis on individual contributions and execution excellence.
- Curious: you are curious about how things work and why. You are not satisfied with a surface-level knowledge of how something works, or why users take certain actions.
- Intermediate to advanced analytics skills: You will be analyzing the full-funnel effects of your campaigns and experiments. Be able to measure and stitch together data and map an outcome from email delivery to revenue.
- Intermediate statistics: you know what statistical significance means, and when it matters. You know how to interpret p-values in A/B tests.
- Knowledge of online marketing and web best practices: you will have the opportunity to, and be expected to, contribute ideas for new initiatives and experiments aligned with modern digital marketing best practices.
- A high degree of empathy: Email will be most effective when we can truly understand and predict the sentiment of our customer segments at any given point in time throughout the funnel.
- An entrepreneurial mindset: This function is fairly new at Toptal and is ready for rapid scaling. Be ready to hit the ground running and take ownership of this function.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.
How To Apply:
Apply using the Custom Application URL
- Remote Job Location available for U.S or European countries
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level Entry Level, 1-2-years
- Education Level Associate Degree, Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page