Remote Job Offer by Buffer.com
- Hiring Organization: Buffer (Social Media Management Platform)
- Company Website: https://buffer.com/
- Job Title: Full Stack Product Engineer
- Remote Location: Remote Worldwide
- Job Type: Full Time
More than 78,000 paying customers depend on Buffer, and we’re grateful to work every day developing intuitive features to make their experience better. We’re looking to grow our web product engineering team with full-stack to back-end focused developers to focus on our core product, Buffer Publish, and also to join our newest product, Buffer Analyze, which is growing fast. Are you a user-value-oriented product engineer? Join us and take our team to the next level!
You will collaborate closely with Product, Design, Customer Advocacy, and Marketing to spec, build, test and deploy new features. We value and reward respectful, empathetic discussion and collaboration when creating solutions. This position reports to an engineering manager.
- You’ll be building new product features, working autonomously to write and scale new services as we transition to micro-services and maintaining the core API.
- We are currently transitioning from a PHP backend monolith with Backbone.js and React.js, to a service-oriented architecture with micro-services built in Node.js or Go and React components on the frontend. You’ll be helping us with this exciting transition.
- You will work within our product engineering teams, collaborating with product managers, designers, customer advocates, engineering managers, and more using tools like GitHub, Zoom, email, Discourse, Slack and Jira.
- As you gain context, you’ll provide technical guidance and input on teammates’ work and approaches, depending on your experience and interests.
- As a teammate at Buffer, you will agree to uphold our values and code of conduct.
- You have experience as a backend or full-stack developer in any procedural language, working on backend systems with meaningful production traffic
- You have an understanding of how distributed systems work, and experience working with multiple APIs and data sources
- You care about writing simple, maintainable code and you take a balanced approach to product engineering, embracing pragmatism over perfection in your work
- You are keen to write and maintain tests where needed and appreciate the importance of working effectively with legacy codebases
- Experience working with PHP or Node.js or Go would be helpful
- Experience building micro-services with Kubernetes would be helpful
- We value the depth and quality of your experience, over counting years. That said, successful applicants typically have 3 years + of development experience.
- Unsure if you meet all these requirements? Please apply anyway! We would love to hear from you.
How To Apply:
Hit the Apply button to navigate to the hiring page of Buffer.com and fill in the application form to submit.
Or if you are looking for other jobs at Buffer, please use this link to navigate to — Buffer.com Jobs
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page