Define and build elegant, performant, and resilient systems for tomorrow’s web.
We are hiring Distributed Systems Engineers to work on the Go implementation of Filecoin.
Enthusiasm about the decentralized web and blockchains has brought an influx of people who want to _use_ distributed systems but who don’t know _how to build_ the necessary infrastructure. We are building that infrastructure. To continue that work, we’re looking for people who thoroughly understand the principles of distributed systems and who will lean into the challenges of applying those principles in open-source code that will be deployed worldwide.
Distributed Systems Engineering at Protocol Labs
Distributed systems engineering lies at the center of many projects at Protocol Labs. With IPFS, libp2p, Filecoin and other related projects we are laying the foundation for a more resilient, more secure, distributed version of the web. This requires rigorous engineering from protocol design through all the phases of implementation. We strike a balance between pragmatism (put it on a ship ), deeply informed protocol design, and strict application of strong engineering principles. All of this happens in an environment defined by curiosity, passion, and a love for open source.
- Create elegant, reusable open-source solutions to hard distributed systems problems
- Contribute to steering and maintenance of the Go implementation of Filecoin
- Participate in the design of performant and resilient applications
- Integrate research results into real programs
- Provide code reviews, guidance, and encouragement for open source contributors around the world
Bonus if you have experience in any of the following areas:
- Solid understanding of distributed systems principles and applications
- An understanding of the Web’s application model
- Open source (we are strongly committed to Open Source)
- Decentralized building blocks (blockchain, DHTs, smart contracts, p2p networking, etc.)
- Cryptographic principles and practices
- Large-scale systems (especially networking, performance, storage, or reliability engineering)
- Virtual machines
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
Protocol Labs mission is to improve humanity’s most important technology, the Internet. We build protocols, systems, and tools to improve how it works. Today, we are focused on how we store, locate, and move information. Our projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
As a distributed team, we hire anywhere in the world, and at various levels of experience (entry, senior, staff). We look for people with unique perspectives and diverse backgrounds.
We have a great benefits package, including parental leave, contributions to your retirement, competitive pay, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
How To Apply:
Click on the Apply button below to process a job application for this position!
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years, 8-10-years
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page