Control your days, work remotely, AND change lives!
Teach English online to kids in China ages 6 to 10 with EF Education First, the world’s largest private education organization.
With 25-minute class-blocks on early weekday mornings and late weekend nights, this rewarding role can be the perfect fit for your already busy life. You can connect from home — or anywhere in the U.S. – and teach the same students week after week.
Set your own schedule so that teaching fits into your life. Our students want to book lessons with the same teacher, at the same time each week for approximately six months. Repeat students offer you a great opportunity to build impactful relationships with students and increase your income.
Join EF with the confidence that you can set yourself up for success with our:
- Straightforward pre-teaching introduction, including Q&A session
- Easy-to-use custom-designed admin platform and online classroom for remote teachers
- Access to our high-quality lesson materials
- 24/7 teacher support
- Local U.S. EF headquarters for easy communication and payment
Maybe now is the right time to come back to teaching online, expand your teaching resume, or try it for the first time
- Are you a stay-at-home parent eager to have an outside job but not willing to put your parenting aside? Do you homeschool your kids? Even better!
- Are you a current or former teacher looking for additional work?
- Have you been “teaching” in the workplace all of your professional life and are ready to try it for real — while also having time for other things?
Since 1965, EF has helped millions of people and become the world leader in international education by focusing on one global mission: Opening the World through Education. Join us!
- Deliver 25-minute high-quality and engaging one-on-one online classes to kids ages 6 to 10
- Communicate your availability for lesson hours with our easy-to-use scheduling system
- Have access to prepared lesson materials…and also find your own voice and style for teaching your students
- Give feedback to your students throughout the class and to their parents in post-lesson reporting
- Ability to connect with kids!
- Availability during lesson times for the China time zone: our peak hours are weekday mornings (4:00am EST to 8:30am EST); we also have lessons weekend nights/mornings (Friday night 8:00pm EST to Saturday morning 8:00am EST and Saturday night 8:00pm EST to Sunday morning 8:00am EST). Students want to book lessons with the same teacher for approximately six months during the same timeslot each week
- Native English speaker with a Bachelor’s degree in any field
- 40 Hour TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification (or higher): submit now or provide when obtained at beginning of contract term
- Experience in early childhood development, teaching, coaching or mentoring is preferred, but not required. Life experiences count
- Excellent cultural awareness, communication and motivational skills
- Commitment to delivering a high level of student engagement satisfaction
- Access to a headset, personal computer, and wired Ethernet connection
- Willing to submit an online background check, at no cost to you
Compensation:Offers start at $13 per hour with opportunities to earn up to $19 per hour, based on starting qualifications and potential supplemental fees for repeat bookings and lessons completed during our weekday peak. Many new teachers earn between $14 and $17 per service hour. This is an independent contractor position.
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
- Remote Job Location US
- Salary Offer start at $13 per hour with opportunities to earn up to $19 per hour
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years, 8-10-years
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours our peak hours are weekday mornings (4:00am EST to 8:30am EST)
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page
- Remarks 40 Hour TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) certification (or higher)