The Emerging Technologies team at Mozilla Research is working to enable collaborative, high-performance virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) applications on the web, with the goal of enabling users to have compelling and safe experiences in this new technology area. One key part of that is the web browser – what are the user, device, and platform needs in order to deliver those experiences?
Leveraging our experience and technology from the WebVR, Servo, and web assembly projects, as well as years of experience with AR, we are developing solutions for cross-platform VR and AR. We are looking for a product manager to be responsible for defining and shipping browsers across desktop, mobile, and standalone VR and AR platforms that delight our users.
- Define, manage, and prioritize the product experience and use cases for Firefox Reality
- Support early product validation and user research
- Be a key point of contact and the internal voice for users
- Work with the Head of Platform Strategy to incorporate Firefox Reality into the overall Mixed Reality program
- Define product goals and build the dashboards to track them
- Maintain regular product milestone and status tracking reporting
- Work on a distributed team, across many time zones
- Work with the community, other Mozilla teams, and our corporate partners
- Ability to drive technically-focused teams to shipping successful consumer-facing products from ideation through design, development and implementation.
- Understanding of modern web development and the browser ecosystem.
- Strong technical understanding of some of VR; AR; 3D graphics; controllers.
- Strong networking skills; good industry contacts are a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail-oriented, with excellent skills at handling many pieces of ongoing work
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How To Apply:
Apply using the link in Custom Application URL
- Remote Job Location US, Canada
- Salary Offer To be arranged
- Experience Level 1-2-years, 3-5-years, 5-8-years
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours To be arranged
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page