- Job Title Absence Account Manager
- Hiring Organization Sun Life Financial
- Company Website https://www.sunlife.com/
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You’ll work with dynamic colleagues – experts in their fields – who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you’ll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients – who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
The Absence Account Manager will manage the post implementation relationship service need for policyholders, ensuring the delivery of accurate customer outputs (communications, reporting, leave administration, system coding and integration, eligibility file uploads, etc).
This role will have extensive interaction with external customers (carrier partners, policyholders (customers), brokers, partner prospects, vendors, and benefit administrators) on a daily basis. During these interactions, the Absence Account Manager will handle sensitive customer conversations which require strong communication and negotiation skills and absence and STD expertise.
If you are a California resident, the salary range for this position is:
Southern region: $84,200-126,300 annually.
Central region: $79,900-$119,900 annually.
Northern region: $90,100-135,200 annually.
If you are a Colorado resident, the salary range for this position is $76,200-114,300 annually.
If you are a New York resident, the salary range for this position is $90,100-135,200 annually.
If you are Washington resident, the salary range for this position is $84,200-126,300 annually.
We consider various factors in determining actual pay including your skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition to salary, this position is eligible for incentive awards based on individual and business performance as well as a broad range of competitive benefits.
Sun Life Financial is a leading provider of group insurance benefits in the U.S., helping people protect what they love about their lives. More than just a name, Sun Life symbolizes our brand promise of making life brighter -for our customers, partners, and communities. Join our talented, diverse workforce and launch a rewarding career. Visit us at www.sunlife.com/us to learn more.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs
Our Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please email recruitingUS@sunlife.com to request an accommodation.
At Sun Life we strive to create a flexible work environment where our employees are empowered to do their best work. Several flexible work options are available and can be discussed throughout the selection process depending on the role requirements and individual needs.
Absence / Leave Management
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
- Manage and own the entire absence ongoing service process; provide an exceptional customer service experience at all times.
- Participate in finalist presentations as needed
- Provide absence and STD expertise and guidance to customers
- Maintain a thorough understanding of claims processes
- Be the customer’s primary contact throughout life of the policy to ensure their expectations are met during the transition to FullscopeRMS
- Proactively identify service and technology requirements unique to the individual customer
- Facilitate discussions with appropriate subject matter experts as needed
- Provide training to external customers on leave management system and process
- Participate in stewardship calls and meetings with the customer
- Support insurance carrier client in their service of the customer
- Assist in implementation activities with Implementation Consultants
- Manage Amendment processing
- Support building of relationship with customers from implementation forward for high profile accounts (i.e. national accounts and high visibility/touch accounts)
- Act as liaison between carrier partner, customer, claims, implementation, EDI, UW, etc
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- College degree preferred, and 5-7 years of experience in the insurance/customer service industry
- Prior experience in an absence management and disability role required
- Prior experience in an implementation or project manager role is required
- Solid decision making and problem solving skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective, professional business relationships with internal and external customers
- Polished presentation skills
- Ability to learn and manage system coding and customization
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Communication/negotiation skills and influencing the customer are critical competencies
- Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
- Up to 30% travel required
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer based on location
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page