- Job Title: Adolescent Mental Health Specialist
- Hiring Organization: Grassroot Soccer – GRS
- Company Website: https://www.grassrootsoccer.org/
- Remote Locations: Worldwide
- Job Type: Remote, Full-Time
GRS is a rapidly growing adolescent health organization that leverages the power of soccer to educate, inspire, and mobilize at-risk youth in developing countries to overcome their greatest health challenges, live healthier, more productive lives, and be agents for change in their communities. Since 2002, GRS programs have reached 13 million young people in over 60 countries with life-saving HIV prevention and sexual and reproductive health information and services. GRS is looking to continue scaling its impact via technical assistance and partnerships over the next five years.
In January 2022, GRS launched a multi-year strategy to guide organizational growth in adolescent mental health and elevate it as an organizational priority alongside existing focus issues such as HIV and sexual and reproductive health. Since this launch, GRS has already started mental health programming in Kenya, Mozambique, South Africa, and Zambia. To achieve our goal of improving adolescent mental health and well-being, GRS is pursuing a set of four strategic priorities: INTEGRATE mainstream positive mental health content in all GRS SKILLZ programs; INNOVATE develop innovative mental health promotion and prevention programs; ADVOCATE reduce stigma and create environments that support adolescent mental health; and EVALUATE identify a clear and compelling research and learning agenda for adolescent mental health.
The Adolescent Mental Health Specialist is a dynamic and passionate public health professional who will help coordinate and grow Grassroot Soccer’s (GRS) new adolescent mental health practice area. As member of the GRS Global Research & Development Team, the Specialist will provide cross-functional support to GRS impact teams and functional units with a range of adolescent mental health activities, including program design, curriculum development, training, research, monitoring and evaluation, business development, and strategic communications/marketing. While remote, the position is expected to travel 25-30% within Sub-Saharan Africa to provide technical assistance to GRS country teams and programs.
- Work closely with assigned teams to ensure high-quality implementation of mental health activities, guided by the organization’s approach and mental health strategy.
- Work closely with curriculum and training teams to produce adolescent mental health information, education, and communication (IEC) materials such as educational curricula and magazines.
- Travel to country programs to lead mental health trainings and project support visits.
- Please see full job description for additional responsibilities.
- 3-5 years of project management and/or coordination experience, involving both project management and people
- Bachelor’s degree with experience in and/or deep understanding of public health, mental health, and education
- Experience with adolescent/youth programming strongly preferred
- Please see full job description for additional information and to apply.
How To Apply:
Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Mental Health Specialist” on the subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Employer Email