- Job Title: Associate Financial Planning Nerd
- Hiring Organization: Kitces.com
- Company Website: https://kitces.com/
- Remote Locations: US
- Job Type: Remote, Full-Time
Kitces.com is hiring an Associate Financial Planning Nerd who will be responsible for writing and supporting the creation of original Nerd’s Eye View articles (and doing the associated research and analysis) on topics of interest to the financial advicer community, supporting our financial planning Resources with timely updates, supporting on the development of our speaker presentations, and providing other support as needed to the Advisor Education team in the creation of our Members Section content.
So if the idea of being able to just ‘nerd out’ on financial planning, tax strategies, and research all day long excites you, you enjoy continuously learning and sharing that learning journey with others (and figuring out the best way to teach and communicate those concepts), are excited to support industry-leading thought leaders and developing your own expertise in service to the financial advicer community, and want to join the most trusted source of quality and relevant information in the financial planning industry (as well as a team that actually lives by the values they talk about)… then this is the job for you!
This full-time, entirely virtually based staff position (work from anywhere, no relocation required!) will report to the Managing Editor as a member of the Editorial Team, and work directly to support Chief Financial Planning Nerd Michael Kitces.
Core responsibilities include following:
Annual Content Creation Responsibilities:
- Creation of 12 full-length articles for Nerd’s Eye View (1 every month) throughout the calendar year, including all related research and analysis, following the Kitces 3x3x3 content framework
- Support the blog creation process as need, including the development of relevant blog graphics to present key information, and supporting spreadsheet models where necessary to analyze key topics or issues
- Support the process of collecting and posting updated information for Kitces Resources
- Provide backup support to Senior Technical editor and Senior Financial Planning Nerd
- Monitor industry trade and other publications for potential articles for Weekend Reading recap or social media sharing
- Support identification of prospective topics or Guest authors for Nerd’s Eye View blog posts
- Assist in reviewing Guest Post submissions to determine if appropriate to accept into the editing process
- Support in the creation of new or updated PowerPoint slide presentations based on existing articles and other site content
- Serve as a paid Kitces Speaker for webinars or in-person conference events
- Provide consulting services as a part of Kitces Consulting
In addition to the above responsibilities, we encourage our team members to identify other growth opportunities for the platform and lead in their implementation while learning new and beneficial skills. In other words, you will own certain assigned accountabilities, but we also want you to work on projects and opportunities that YOU identify as relevant to the platform and career, and that you are passionate about. We at the Kitces team are building something together!
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated enough to work in a virtual environment with limited supervision (autonomous), have an extremely strong inclination for continuous learning (self-development), an immaculate attention to detail (organized and efficient), a service mindset (seeks to collaborate and to help and support others in service to the financial advicer community), and an ability to work in a changing fast-growing environment (adaptability). We are a team that lives by our values, our support of one another, and our commitment to the community we serve. The successful candidate will share these values.
- Do the Right Thing
- Advisors First
- Be the Trusted Source
- Deposit More Than We Withdraw
- No A$$holes
- Get Your Nerd On
The candidate should also be highly adept at both written and verbal communication to educate, both within our virtual team, and to our financial advisor audience, and be capable to meeting specific content production deadlines.
Notably, the Kitces platform itself is also growing and evolving. As a result, we are looking for people who seek to be challenged to learn, grow, try new things, and will bring fresh perspectives to the team.
Candidates must be U.S. Citizens, and work within a reasonable time zone to the Eastern United States.
The successful candidate will have completed their CFP certification, and a Master’s degree or other advanced designations are desirable. Direct planning experience with clients is a positive, but not required.
- Base salary $50,000 – $70,000/year (depending on experience)
- Available bonus up to 12% of base salary (payable at up to 3%/quarter), determined by meeting key Members Section metrics
- $5,000 budget for additional financial planning education (i.e., post-CFP designations/certifications) or other training/skills education
- $2,000 budget for technology hardware/software or related office materials
- $3,000 conference budget
- Paid membership in Financial Planning Association, NAPFA, and/or other relevant membership associations
- 15 days of paid time off for combined vacation + sick, plus 6 national holidays
- Participation in company 401(k) plan
- Participation in company health insurance plan
How To Apply:
Interested candidates for the Associate Financial Planning Nerd should complete the application form. Questions can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $50,000 – $70,000/year
- Experience Level Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page