- Job Title Associate General Counsel
- Hiring Organization Clipboard Health
- Company Website https://www.clipboardhealth.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
About Clipboard Health:
Clipboard Health is a post-Series C, extremely fast-growing tech startup with classic two-sided network effects, revolutionizing the market for healthcare talent. We are a diverse and inclusive company with a global, remote team. We have been named one of YC’s Top Companies for two years running, and have grown 25x across all key metrics in the last 18 months. There has never been a more exciting time to join our growing team and help us serve even more healthcare professionals and healthcare facilities, who can then better serve patients. To learn more about the culture at Clipboard Health, take a look at our culture hub here.
About the role:
You have operated at a senior and/or managerial level on legal teams. You have deep employment litigation experience; and excel at expeditiously evaluating and managing a wide variety of high stakes matters. You are a solutions-oriented and positive attorney who thrives on small teams and can propose business-oriented solutions to identify and mitigate significant company-wide risks. You have excellent judgment and can run with projects with minimal supervision while knowing when to escalate an issue. You work efficiently while caring deeply about the quality of your work product. You think strategically with respect to how a legal team should allocate its collective time, and how to prioritize proactive projects while ensuring reactive projects receive appropriate attention and are handled thoughtfully and completed on time. You are not afraid to get into the weeds, and exhibit an extreme level of ownership for the projects for which you are responsible. You take the initiative to improve and streamline systems and processes, including with an eye toward maximizing efficiency for all members of the legal team. (Note: this role will not immediately involve managing other members of the legal team).
Annual salary range: $225,000 to $265,000.
The range provided is Clipboard Health’s reasonable estimate of the salary for this role. The actual amount may differ based on factors such as experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and location. This role may also be eligible for discretionary bonuses and/or equity compensation.
- Partner with the Head of Legal (to whom you’ll report) and other senior members of the legal team to advise on highest priority litigation, regulatory compliance and risk matters
- Serve as the primary legal resource for the company’s HR department
- Manage a variety of litigation and regulatory matters, including class actions and government audits
- Assist with regulatory compliance, government relations, and legal operations work
- Manage and improve the company’s document retention protocol
- Advise the company on the legal and regulatory implications of and risks associated with the development and execution of new and existing products
What success looks like 90 days in:
- Your strategic input has helped the Head of Legal more efficiently and productively allocate responsibilities and matters among the other members of the legal team
- You have a deep familiarity with and are actively involved in managing relevant litigation matters
- You have expanded the company’s government relations and lobbying engagements
- You have created or streamlined repeatable processes used by the legal team
- You have identified at least one area of improvement for our document retention protocol and have taken the initiative to address it
- You are supporting the legal function and advising the business in other areas as needed, including with respect to the development and execution of new and existing products, initiatives, and lines of business
- JD, admission to a state bar, and at least 10 years of relevant experience (preferably including prior in house experience) in the U.S.
- Bias toward action and solving (not just spotting) problems
- Ability to take ownership of your work and manage projects independently
- Excellent communication and writing abilities
- Comfort and skill navigating complexity and ambiguity and working on a leanly staffed team
- Ability to work autonomously and under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Agility and flexibility to take on new tasks and responsibilities when necessary to support the business and legal team’s needs in a fast-moving, rapidly scaling, and dynamic tech company
Nice to have:
- Employment law experience, preferably including experience with wage and hour laws and regulations at both the state and federal levels
- Experience leading or significantly participating in regulatory compliance matters in prior roles
- Experience handling class actions
- Experience providing support to a corporate HR department
- Experience working cross-culturally and with globally distributed teams
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer : $225,000 to $265,000
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page