- Job Title Backend Developer
- Hiring Organization Climate Connect Digital
- Company Website https://climateconnect.digital/
- Remote Locations India
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Our team is inspired to change the world by making energy greener, and more affordable. Established in 2011 in London, UK, and now headquartered in Gurgaon, India. From unassuming beginnings, we have become a leading energy-AI software player, at the vanguard of accelerating the global energy transition.
In 2020, we were acquired by ReNew Power, India’s largest renewables developer. Following ReNew’s NASDAQ listing in summer 2021, Climate Connect Digital has been newly formed as a fully independent subsidiary. With backing from ReNew for an ambitious and visionary new strategy, for rapid organic and inorganic growth.
Our mission has technology at its core and involves unlocking value by leveraging information technology and AI/ML across the energy ecosystem. The world is still at the nascent stages of using such technologies in the energy sector to create massive value for all the stakeholders.
How you fit in
Engineering is the executional function of CCD’s software delivery wing. As a server-side developer at CCD, you will take the lead on implementing various software services of our core energy retail infrastructure. Not only are you expected to write clean, tested, and maintainable code, you will also be a central part of a product team that iterates constantly, ships regularly, and learns continuously. You will have the creative freedom for learning, experimenting, and responsible risk-taking in a startup environment.
At Climate Connect, you get a rare opportunity to join an established company at the early stages of a significant and well-backed global growth push.
We are building a remote-first organization ingrained in the team ethos. We understand its importance for the success of any next-generation technology company. The team includes passionate and self-driven people with unconventional backgrounds, and we’re seeking a similar spirit with the right potential.
- Develop enterprise-scale backend services using Golang
- Collaborate with engineers, UI/UX designers, and product owners to build & ship new features and maintain/enhance existing ones
- Independently come up with extensible low-level software design. Write modular, tested, readable and performant code
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Help inform product prioritization and scoping decisions by evaluating technical complexity and risk
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Maintain technical documentation
- At least 1-3 years of demonstrated ability to rely on an iterative process to maintain momentum on projects in a distributed, collaborative, agile environment
- An ownership mindset: you should look not only at what you’re asked to do, but ask why you’re doing it and how it impacts on the rest of the product, our customers, and whether it makes sense
- Comfort with low-level engineering and ability to write efficient, performant and tested code
- Think deeply about systems and services and write high-quality code. We work mostly in Golang, with AWS CloudFormation. However, languages can be learned: we care much more about your general engineering skill than – knowledge of a particular language or framework.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Passion for the whole product process. You will have your specific areas of focus, but we find those that are passionate about the bigger picture collaborate best with cross-functional teams
We offer competitive salaries based on prevailing market rates. In addition to your introductory package, you can expect to receive the following benefits:
- Flexible working hours and leave policy
- Learning and development opportunities
- Medical insurance/Term insurance, Gratuity benefits over and above the salaries
- Access to industry and domain thought leaders.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location India
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level, Mid Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page