- Job Title Bilingual English/Cantonese, Care Navigator
- Hiring Organization United Health Group
- Company Website https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/
- Remote Locations United States
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Compassion. It’s the starting point for health care providers like you and it’s what drives us every day as we put our exceptional skills together with a real feeling of caring for others. This is a place where your impact goes beyond providing care one patient at a time. Because here, every day, you’re also providing leadership and contributing in ways that can affect millions for years to come. Ready for a new path? Learn more, and start doing your life’s best work.SM
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life’s best work.SM
This position is full-time, Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 9:00am – 5:30pm Local time. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies required all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physucuan employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patienct care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $18.17 – $32.26. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada / New York City residents is $20.00 – $35.53. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Provides inbound telephonic support for DSNP members ensuring service level metrics are met (speed to answer, abandonment rate, hold time, etc)
- Completes telephonic outreach to DSNP members utilizing autodialer and manual dialing (as needed)
- Assists with members’ immediate needs when assigned Care Navigator is not available
- Educates member on gaps in care and assists with scheduling provider appointments
- Assists members with social determinants of health and links to community resources
- Ensures member has access to PCP
- Assist with non-phone work as needed (including but not limited to queue maintenance, reviewing tasks, assignment of members)
- Reviews voicemails and assigns out for callbacks
- Consistently meets metrics, both quality & performance
- Provides excellent customer service to both members and providers
- Constantly maintains schedule adherence and good attendance
- Maintains confidential health information according to state and federal regulations including HIPAA.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of call center and / or telephonic customer service experience
- 1+ years of professional experience in an office setting using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform the job duties
- 1+ years of Healthcare/ insurance experience and/or Social work/community outreach/advocacy experience
- 1+ years of experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- Work experience using Microsoft Word (edit, create & save documents), Microsoft Excel (sorting & filtering data), and Microsoft Outlook (email, folders, attachments and calendaring)
- Bilingual fluency in English and Cantonese
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday 9:00am-5:30pm local time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Public Health or related field
- Bilingual English and Spanish or other language
- Previous experience as a telecommuter
- Medicaid and / or Medicare experience
- 1 year experience taking inbound calls
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Must be able and comfortable with maintaining metrics and goals within the department
- Must be comfortable working on the phone and multiple systems on the computer simultaneously while assisting members
- Must be comfortable making outreach to members without prior engagement
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Telephone etiquette
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $20.00 – $35.53
- Experience Level Junior Level
- Education Level High(Secondary) School Diploma
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page