- Job Title Billing Operations Specialist
- Hiring Organization Motive, Fleet Management Software
- Company Website https://gomotive.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Motive builds technology to improve the safety, productivity, and profitability of businesses that power the physical economy. Motive combines IoT hardware with AI-powered applications to connect and automate physical operations. Motive is one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world, serving more than 120,000 businesses, across a wide range of industries including trucking and logistics, construction, oil and gas, food and beverage, field service, agriculture, passenger transit, and delivery.
Motive is built on four foundational attributes; Own It, Less but Better, Build Trust, and Unlock Potential. This has taken our company to great heights, including being recognized by Fortune for Best Workplaces, Forbes Best Startup Employers, and Comparably for our Best Global Culture, Sales Team, Leadership Team, Career Growth, and CEO for Diversity. We’re proud to receive an employee net promoter score of 63 (according to Comparably) which places Motive in the top 5% of companies with 4,000 employees or more.
Today, our team is made up of more than 3,000 employees, located across the world, providing support to a wide range of customers. While most of our employees are remote, many have the opportunity to work on-site at any of our 8 global office locations. Visit our careers website to learn more about opportunities at Motive.
About the Role:
As a Billing Specialist, you will serve as the main point of contact for all billing related inquiries. You will be responsible for billing and processing charges, researching outstanding billing items, generating invoices, review and validating refunds, and continuously provide feedback to the management team with inaccurate findings to solve problems and fine tune processes. You will Interact with internal departments to ensure timely handling and resolution of cases as well as assist our sales team in an operational capacity to close a sale and generate quotes. This will require an intimate understanding how the Quote-to-Cash process works and be able to troubleshoot issues as they come up. Motive is seeking an ambitious individual with strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail and accuracy to join our focused and motivated team.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of Motive’s core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
The applicant must be authorized to receive and access those commodities and technologies controlled under U.S. Export Administration Regulations. It is Motive’s policy to require that employees be authorized to receive access to Motive products and technology.
- Oversee billing status of accounts by researching and resolving any billing inconsistencies and errors
- Analyze billing documents and other data for accuracy and completeness, acquiring missing or correct data when necessary
- Create invoices and customize billing
- Review and validate credits/refunds as well as issue refunds, review payment disputes and chargebacks
- Review billing process and recommend improvements where possible
- Ensure proper period cut off for month end close procedures
- Be the point person to answer billing related support cases
- Provide accurate and timely reporting
- Work closely with other functional teams to ensure data quality and consistency
- Comfortable working with spreadsheets, internet applications and ERP systems
- Ability to enter data into various electronic systems while maintaining the integrity and accuracy of the data
- 1-2 years of experience in a Billing or Billing-related role
- Independent self-starter and adaptable in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work well with ambiguity, solve problems and think on your feet
- A good command of Excel and Google Sheets
- Comprehensive knowledge of Zuora is a plus
- Expertise in Salesforce.com is a plus
- Bachelor’s (BA/BS) degree in accounting or finance is a plus
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page