- Job Title Claims Officer
- Hiring Organization Doma
- Company Website https://www.doma.com/
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
If you’re good at what you do, you can work anywhere. If you’re the best at what you do, come work for Doma.
Want to infuse a $34B sector of the insurance and real estate industry with predictive analytics and a tech-forward customer experience? Join Doma and send an entirely new type of real estate model into the world.
Doma offers solutions for lenders, real estate professionals, title agents, and homeowners that make closings vastly simpler and more efficient, reducing cost and increasing customer satisfaction.
Shown below is the lowest to highest base salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the base salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. At Doma, compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
This job is also eligible for the following compensation components: Bonus
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
- Handle title insurance, escrow, and administrative claims under the supervision of the Associate Chief Claims Counsel, which may include:
- Review incoming new matters to advise of complexity; Investigate and research the claim in order to determine whether coverage exists; Reviewing and handling requests for letters of indemnity with undertaking; Drafting coverage letters; Manage the claim through final resolution, including undertaking curative work, managing retention of outside counsel or curative specialist as needed, developing a claim budget, and review and approval of invoices; and Identify and pursue sources for recovery
- Assist company associates on title and closing issues.
- Provide title and administrative support to the Chief Claims Counsel.
- Five (5) plus years’ experience in the legal or claims department of a title and escrow company or title insurance company with increasing responsibility.
- Experience handling title curative work in multiple states – CA experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of standard terminology used in the real estate, title insurance, and settlement services industries.
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytic skills in dealing with title insurance issues.
- Ability to deal with complex problems in a creative, proactive, and efficient manner.
- Ability to professionally perform multiple, detailed-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office 365 and in a remote, mostly paperless, environment.
- Team player with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Possess strong work ethic and integrity.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $64,800—$121,700 USD
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page