- Job Title Content Editor
- Hiring Organization Greenpeace
- Company Website https://www.greenpeace.org/usa/
- Remote Locations APAC
- Job Type Remote, Contract
Location: For this role, the successful candidate may be based in a country where one of the independent National/Regional Greenpeace organizations (NRO’s) is located in the Asia – Pacific region (subject to agreement). See the locations here. We offer competitive NGO level salary and benefits, the specifics of which depend on location where the successful candidates will be based. We aim to share this information with candidates before reaching the offer stage.
Greenpeace International (GPI) is looking for a Content Editor – Asia Pacific to align our multi-channel communications output with strategic goals and to amplify the reach and impact of Greenpeace content.
Working closely with an international network of communications hubs, you’ll be a part of a global team maintaining a 24/7 news desk to respond to enquiries and distribute content across the Greenpeace International website and all digital channels. You’ll selectively distribute stories to global audiences, connect projects, events and environmental stories to reflect their global nature, respond to breaking news, monitor and engage in both traditional and digital media, manage a global output calendar with the Managing Editor, and provide strategic support to National/Regional Organizations (NROs). You’ll also support social media output from ships, and large-scale rapid response in the regions.
Greenpeace is a global campaigning network. It comprises 26 independent national/regional organizations, and a coordinating organization, Greenpeace International. Greenpeace uses peaceful, creative confrontation to expose global environmental problems, and develop solutions for a green and peaceful future.
- At Greenpeace, we get up everyday to
- Solve the climate crisis and protect biodiversity in all its forms
- prevent pollution and abuse of the earth’s ocean, land, air and fresh water
- end all nuclear threats
- promote peace, global disarmament and non-violence
- We believe in courageous nonviolent personal responsibility and action, independence from corporate influence, no permanent friends or foes and promoting solutions.
- We believe in distributed leadership, consent-based decision making among flexible teams, fostering career growth and learning opportunities, work-life balance and maintaining the well-being of every employee.
- We believe in advancing the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization.
- Work closely with Managing Editor, NROs, other communications hubs and global campaign projects to leverage a mix of traditional, in-house and digital media platforms to distribute relevant content globally.
- Give input and support NRO/campaign communication plans and strategies to achieve campaign goals, promote content, and engage new and existing global supporters and allies.
- Produce, curate, edit, proofread and aggregate features, blogs, press materials, multimedia and social media assets while providing data-based insight on content distribution and success..
- Contribute to the building, design and content delivery of Greenpeace’s engagement platforms including Greenpeace International website and other digital plaforms.
- Build relationships with internal stakeholders in NROs and GPI to facilitate strong global projects, as well as withkey influencers and regional/global media contacts.
- Maintain real-time monitoring across traditional and digital communications streams to identify opportunities for reactive media relations and campaigning, as well as Greenpeace’s public impact.
- Identify gaps and opportunities on global priorities and campaigns, and support communication crisis situations when necessary.
- Work with the Global Insights team to analyze GPI’s digital channels’ performances.
- Prioritize equity, diversity and inclusion within every day output and feedback.
For further details about the role, please see the full job description HERE.
- Significant professional experience in PR, a press office, marketing agency or other media-driven environment.
- A track record of achieving success in traditional and social media-driven campaigns or initiatives.
- In-depth knowledge of regional and international news media operations, pitching and distribution.
- Experience preparing and editing features, blogs, press materials, visual materials and social media content.
- Deep familiarity with the latest digital trends and culture, with active participation in different social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Tiktok.
- Understanding of media monitoring and social media analytics tools and monitoring platforms.
- Well versed in responsive communication and rapid response situations by scanning external events or incidents.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks efficiently while working with people/teams across multiple time zones.
- Exposure to, and understanding of, different cultures, languages and customs across our regions.
- A commitment to our principles of equity, diversity and inclusion, with an appreciation of how to live these through our communication.
- Alignment with and support for Greenpeace core aims and values.
If you thrive working with various individuals and teams across different backgrounds and cultures, then this is the position for you. You’ll be expected to work both independently and as a team with NROs as well as on regional and global campaigns.
You’ll be encouraged to develop both personally and professionally, taking advantage of the wide range of learning and development opportunities available to our staff. Staff can also access our wellness initiatives, such as yoga and meditation and also have the opportunity to join our global Equity, Diversity & Inclusion staff communities.
Please click HERE to visit the careers site, to learn more about working for Greenpeace.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location APAC
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level, Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours freelance
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page