- Job Title Controller
- Hiring Organization Gusto
- Company Website https://gusto.com/
- Remote Locations United States
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
- Remarks High Paying
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, and team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, and New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, and it starts right here at Gusto. That’s why we’re committed to building a collaborative and inclusive workplace, both physically and virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
What it is like to Work with Gusto
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $180,500 to $202,000 in Denver & most remote locations, and $212,500 to $237,000 for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience and expertise and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Our company considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
- Lead and empower all financial accounting functions, including Revenue, Balance Sheet & OpEx (GL), Accounts Payable, and Platform Accounting teams (team of 12+ US FTEs).
- Oversee and actively participate in all aspects of the Global Close process, including review of journal entries, reconciliations and Global Consolidation. Liaise with, oversee, and manage Accounting BPOs globally.
- Prepare and own Management Reporting. Lead the preparation and review of monthly/quarterly flux analysis.
- Assist with financial statement audits, oversee PBC preparation/delivery, and coordinate with external auditors (includes foreign/stat audits).
- Partner with cross-functional teams (Financial Reporting, Tax, FP&A, Finance Technologies) on Tax/Reporting deliverables and to identify/solve opportunities for automation and process improvements.
- Prepare, review and analyze monthly reporting packages prepared by foreign subsidiaries & acquirees to understand trends and ensure compliance with US GAAP.
- Review and understand intercompany activity and eliminations with subsidiaries.
- Prepare monthly foreign exchange rate analysis and FX impact on cash flows.
- Drive a continuous improvement approach to accounting operations, monthly close, and financial systems.
- Assist the SEC reporting & Technical Accounting team in drafting the 10-Q, 10-K and S-1 (includes reviewing deliverables used to prepare footnotes and reviewing flux analyses).
- 10+ years of Accounting experience, mix of industry & public accounting
- Private to public exposure (working with a company while private and bringing them public) preferable. Time spent in a SOX-controlled environment preferred, standing up the controls nice to have.
- Experience preparing financial statements
- Degree in Accounting or related field and CPA (or equivalent)
- Strong understanding of US GAAP
- Proven aptitude for team leadership—influencing others to follow you toward a common goal. Prior experience leading Managers.
- Operational accounting experience with a multi-currency / multi-book ERP (NetSuite preferred)
- Experience working with a fast-paced, complex company
- Demonstrated history of solving multiple complex operational and accounting challenges
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $180,500 to $202,000
- Experience Level Expert Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page