- Job Title COO, Public Goods, Arcological Association
- Hiring Organization Protocol Labs
- Company Website https://protocol.ai/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity’s most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (web3, cryptography, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
About the Team:
The Arcological Association oversees the regenerative growth of PLN projects building out the public good and network goods teams.
The Association works as a decentralized funding vehicle for common/public good funders with the immediate step of building out efficient legal and operational infrastructure via a Swiss Association. Operational overhead support will remove a barrier to allow for high impact/highly optimized allocation of funding to move quickly to projects who are working on public goods. Funders can act independently within their thesis, with a long term/end state goal of developing mini-funds to decentralize grant allocations to public goods.
About the Role:
We are looking for a COO of Arcological to partner with the CEO to build out and oversee the operations side of the house (legal, finance, IT, etc.) and ultimately scale the reach of Protocol Labs Infrastructure and ultimately, the growth of web 3.0
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
The base pay for this position currently ranges from $157,000 to $261,000, plus cryptocurrency, equity, and opportunities for upside through performance rewards in cryptocurrency and equity. The base pay is based on a number of factors and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, experience, skills, abilities, training, and education. We also have a great benefits package, including parental and other forms of leave, contributions to your retirement, and unlimited time off. For U.S.-based employees, we also provide competitive health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
- Build and oversee the build out and supporting teams of the group, including legal, finance, IT, company structure, etc.
- Partner with the CEO to drive goal setting, OKRs, and develop systems to track and analyze metrics for each of the different teams and efforts
- Work with multi-stakeholders to expand the reach of core Protocol Labs infrastructure (e.g. IPFS, libp2p, Filecoin) – collaborating closely with Network Goods, Research and Funding teams.
- Oversee the team’s day-to-day operation and ensure consistent, rapid, and effective execution according to the defined vision and strategy
- Drive alignment from key internal stakeholders to support strategic decisions
- Manage projects operational structures from conception through successful execution, collaborating with cross-functional internal team members
- Can lead operational processes, build teams, and work with ambiguity remotely
- Have 5+ years experience leading capital allocation, investment operations or held a COO position at a growing startup, working with a cohesive cross-functional leadership team
- Comfortable and fluent with remote work environments and communication tools like slack, discord and notion
- Strong passion for and understanding of blockchain ecosystems
- Experience with decentralized high-growth technology company
- Can channel perspectives together for a common outcome in a positive way
- Able to comfortably dive into or learn any area of the business, understand business needs, and facilitate decisions
- Experience in building blockchain/open-source developer ecosystems
- Thrive in ambiguity
- Seeks out creative problem solving
- Understands failure is not the end point
- Grew up with or on the internet
- Enjoys figuring out things that lack conclusions
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page