- Job Title Counsel, Regulatory
- Hiring Organization Kraken
- Company Website https://www.kraken.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Join our growing regulatory legal team (15 professionals) working on a range of matters including advisory, licensing, regulatory inquiries, regulatory strategy and product set up – all to further Kraken’s mission.
This is a fully remote role for a lawyer licensed to practice in the United States.
$179,000 – $269,000 a year
This is the target annual salary range for this role. This range is not inclusive of other additional compensation elements, such as our Bonus program, Equity program, Wellness allowance, and other benefits [US Only] (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
The compensation range provided is influenced by various factors and represents the initial target range. Our salary offerings are dynamic and we strive to ensure that our base salary and total compensation package aligns and recognizes the top talent we aim to attract and retain. The compensation package of the successful candidate is based on various factors such as their skillset, experience, and job scope.
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgeable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
- Plan and implement company-wide regulatory strategy for rapidly evolving regulatory landscape in the crypto industry
- Guide new product creation and regulatory acquisition strategy working with the product and strategy teams
- Work with prominent financial services regulators on cutting-edge regulatory issues
- 5+ years of relevant experience applying financial laws and regulations, whether at a top law firm, in house or at a regulator or self-regulatory organization
- JD from a well regarded law school and membership (in good standing) in a US state bar
- Strong analytical, writing and organizational skills
- Ability to distill complex legal and regulatory advice into understandable and actionable guidance for non-lawyers
- A proactive, entrepreneurial mindsetAn opportunity-making attitude, using the law to increase the company’s optionality
- Interest in the crypto industry / what our company is offering to the world and why
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks governing securities, banking and derivatives
- Familiarity with U.S securities laws, including the Securities Act of 1933, Securities Exchange Act of 1934 and associated rules and regulations
- Familiarity with the Commodity Exchange Act and associated rules and regulations
- Experience with financial services licensing applications and regulatory engagement through the licensing/registration process
- Experience counseling product teams in a fintech setting
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $179,000 - $269,000 a year
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page