- Job Title Creative Associate, Online Fundraising
- Hiring Organization Wikimedia Foundation
- Company Website https://wikimediafoundation.org/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
The Wikimedia Foundation is the non-profit organization that operates Wikipedia – one of the most popular websites in the world, accessed by over 1.8 billion unique devices every month. It is the only non-profit in the top 50 websites, supported by a community of millions of individual donors around the world. We primarily raise funds through a mix of banners on Wikipedia and emails to existing donors. We actively run fundraising campaigns in over 25 countries.
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Creative Associate (Contract), reporting to the Lead Creative Strategist, to develop and execute creative strategies that will grow our revenue base and strengthen our relationship with our donors. This role will involve working with the Fundraising Content Team to develop compelling and engaging fundraising content across a variety of channels, including banner appeals on Wikipedia, email, social media, and web.
This role is a mix of copywriting, content strategy, project management, A/B testing content and reporting. A blend of creative and analytical skills will be very beneficial in this role.
If you are a creative and motivated individual who is passionate about making a difference, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to join the Wikimedia Foundation team.
- Collaborate with the Fundraising Content Team to conceptualize messaging goals for our fundraising campaigns
- Assist in the creation and revision of high-level messaging as well as day-to-day copy for a range of creative fundraising materials across channels
- Work within the parameters of our unique A/B testing program to generate growth through content optimization. This includes staying on top of A/B test results and contributing to some of the donor research work that informs our iterative process
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute creative ideas for new fundraising campaigns
- Help manage creative project timelines and ensure deliverables are met on time
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Lead Creative Strategist
An example of a typical day for our Creative Associate:
- Align with our Lead Creative Strategist on content priorities and latest test results
- Create a series of variants to optimize our banner content in one of our international campaigns
- Provide copy-editing support on a Major Gifts email newsletter
- Organize a folder of images and videos for an upcoming multimedia brainstorming session
- Support the lead content strategist in drafting a report on a recent donor engagement series
- Equivalent work experience or bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., marketing, advertising)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a remote team environment
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Basic understanding of fundraising principles and practices
- Experience with digital marketing tools (emails, social media and banners)
- Analytical skills
- Passion for the mission of the Wikimedia Foundation
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level, Mid Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page