- Job Title Customer Support Lead
- Hiring Organization komoot
- Company Website https://www.komoot.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. It’s driven by a desire to explore and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have numerous times listed us as one of their Apps of the Year. And with over 30 million users and 300,000 five-star reviews, we are well on our way to becoming the most popular app for finding, planning, and sharing adventures worldwide.
Join our remote-first team and begin your adventure with komoot.
About the role
Do you have a passion for motivating teams to achieve goals? Enjoy juggling multiple tasks and priorities to create the best possible customer experience. Want to design a customer experience that keeps people coming back? We might be looking for you.
Our Support team at komoot is highly experienced and manages a lot with few people. We provide email support in six languages, offer weekend coverage, and have built an extremely effective support center.
We’re now in the middle of a transformation that shifts the focus of our four full-time team members towards operational tasks and projects while building up a team of freelancers to keep the ticket queue in great shape.
Ready for your next adventure?
Why you’ll love it
- You’ll work with/on a product that encourages people to enjoy the great outdoors and live the best possible life they can every day.
- The team is already in great shape, with many stable structures and processes. You’ll have the opportunity to improve a working system rather than having to build from the ground up.
- You can set ambitious goals and aim for them. We want to create an environment that enables development and growth while providing a fantastic customer experience.
- You’ll work in a fast-paced environment with colleagues who are experts in their field, love what they do, and enjoy spending their free time outside cycling, hiking and exploring more of the great outdoors.
- We let you work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house or anywhere else that lies in any time zone located between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- You’ll travel together with our team to unique outdoor places several times a year to exchange ideas and learnings and go for hikes and rides.
- Lead a remote team of 4 customer support managers, as well as eight freelancers.
- Develop a world-class customer service experience for our users, including great queue management and excellent self-service.
- Enhance overall customer support efficiency and performance by improving the squad’s processes.
- Identify bottlenecks in the current process and spot opportunities for technical and functional improvements and automation, and then you will turn them into practical solutions.
- Oversee day-to-day operations, coordinate team efforts to ensure knowledge-sharing and effective communication, and help to create an inspiring team environment.
- Monitor and analyze performance, set clear team goals, and deploy strategies to achieve them.
- Improve customer service experience for our users, create engaged customers, and facilitate organic growth.
- Keep building on existing self-service solutions and introduce more as needed. Our goal is to build a scalable and sustainable support team.
- Work with developers and QA to find and solve critical bugs in the wild.
- Have proven experience with leading teams (3+ years).
- Have proven experience working in high-quality and efficient customer service (5+ years).
- Possess outstanding leadership, decision-making, and people skills. You are a charismatic and hands-on leader who motivates and guides the team to achieve great results.
- Are great at leading experienced individual contributors and helping them develop their careers further, as well as managing change.
- Are highly self-driven, responsible, and keen to improve. You love learning and finding solutions.
- Have in-depth knowledge of performance metrics, SLAs, and improving support processes.
- Are data-driven and excellent at creating reports that question (or back up) your gut feelings.
- Have experience in using and optimizing Zendesk.
- Open to working on weekends some of the time. As we offer weekend coverage, it’s sometimes necessary.
- You speak excellent English and excellent German.
Curious to find out more?
- More about our team and our values here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs
- More about how we work here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process#how-we-work
- More about our recruitment process and FAQs here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-proces
- We support diversity and inclusivity and welcome all prospective applicants.
Not sure if you meet all requirements above? Don’t sweat it – if you think you’re the right person anyway, we’d love to hear from you.
We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online, it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the right candidate. Is it you?
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based)
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page