- Job Title Customer Support Specialist
- Hiring Organization Float
- Company Website http://float.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Who We Are
Float is the world’s leading software for teams to plan their time and, behind it, is a world-class team looking for a Customer Support Specialist (Americas) in Mountain or Pacific time zones (note: candidates in South America, Canada or Mexico locations only please) to join us. From New York to the UK, Canada to South Africa—our Engineering, Product, Marketing, and Customer Success teams work asynchronously, helping brands such as Airbnb, Buzzfeed, and Ogilvy plan and manage their time better. Float is self-funded, profitable, and growing. If you’re a go-getter, align with our values, and are looking to join a team that’s passionate about helping others work and live more productively, we want to hear from you. Here are a few tips from our CEO to make sure your resume stands out from the crowd.
Why We’re Hiring For This Role
Helping customers succeed requires a great product and support from a team of experts that can help facilitate and realize the product’s potential. The quality in which we deliver support is one of our competitive advantages, and accelerates our opportunity to be successful as a category-leading service. At a fundamental level, it’s core to our service level offering that we provide customer support during typical business hours worldwide.
With our primary customer regions being EMEA and Americas, we look to have a full Support team that is able to tackle our inbound support requests and also identify opportunities to be proactive and improve the overall customer experience. Our team, although small, covers the full customer journey – from first learning how to use Float, setting up billing and invoices, troubleshooting bugs and issues, sharing feedback and feature requests, and assisting with account changes.
Our Director of Customer Success, Alison, explains the important role you will play within our Customer Success team.
You’ll be working asynchronously with a bright, dedicated team from across the globe, with a strong focus on finding solutions for our customer community.
Our support department is our front-line team who works hands-on with our customers to answer questions, provide troubleshooting for bugs and issues, and manage our inbound sales leads.
In the first few months your main priority will be:
- Understanding the ins and outs of Float to become a product expert.
- Take a shift of inbound tickets through Intercom and help address questions, feature requests, or bugs. The best way to learn is to jump right in!
- Identify customer issues and bugs and provide detailed context for escalations to Tier 2.
- Contribute to enhancing our existing support collateral (internal training library, FAQ content, macros) to improve the quality and efficiency of our responses.
- Share feature requests from users in Canny and additional feedback to our Product team
As you’ve become more comfortable in the role you’ll:
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency in how we address tickets or escalate issues.
- Collaborate with other teams like Sales, Account Management, Marketing, and Product.
- Create new content to improve the self-service model of support.
- Have the opportunity to have a real impact on our growing team!
We want you to love your work and believe that these skills will allow you to succeed in the role.
Applying these skills requires:
- Proven experience successfully working in a SaaS-based Customer Support team
- Vibrant, clear, communication skills – delivers messages clearly and efficiently, and can speak to different skill-sets or knowledge levels
- Expert with ticketing tools like Intercom (preferred, we use it), Zendesk, or Help Scout
- Natural problem solver with a moderate understanding of technical concepts like APIs and finding errors in the Dev Tools in a browser
- Comfortable using video, screenshots, or email to solve customer issues effectively
As a fully remote team, we’re looking for someone comfortable with asynchronous communication as the default, which means you have previous remote experience and are comfortable using tools like Slack, Loom, and Asana to communicate as needed. Don’t worry—you will have significant deep work time since we have very few meetings.
We’re a global company with a diverse team of folks from all over the world who share a common belief in living our best work life. That includes a flexible asynchronous policy that allows you to work whenever you work best, minimal meetings, annual team meetups, and perks and benefits that support your personal health and well-being.
Our growing range of perks and benefits include:
- Home office expense budget
- Co-working expense budget
- Health & fitness budget
- Annual team meetup – we’re headed to Chamonix in 2022!
- Care for your community donation or leave
We understand that you probably want to learn a bit more about us as well, so here are some resources to get a sense of who we are and how we work:
The salary for this role is US $80k (Level 2). Here’s a blog post with more information on how we determine our salaries.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer US $80k
- Experience Level Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page