- Job Title Data Analyst
- Hiring Organization Sourcegraph
- Company Website https://sourcegraph.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Who we are
Our mission at Sourcegraph is to make it so that everyone can code, not just ~0.1% of the population. Our code graph powers Cody, the most powerful and accurate AI coding assistant, as well as our Code Search product, which helps devs explore their entire codebase and make large-scale migrations and security fixes. We’re building software that builds software, and in doing so we’re making devs more productive and preparing for a world where a lot more code gets written.
It’s an exciting time to join Sourcegraph. AI has taken over the world, and we’ve spent the last 10 years building infrastructure that’s integral to making AI generated code more powerful and accurate. Our customers include 4/5 FAANG companies, 4 of the top 10 banks, government organizations, Uber, Plaid, and many other companies building the software that pushes the world forward. We’ve raised $225M at a $2.625B valuation from Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia, Redpoint, Craft and others. We’re making ambitious bets on our future and we’re looking to hire exceptional people to join our team as we make Sourcegraph one of the biggest and most influential companies in the world.
Given that we are an all-remote company and hire almost anywhere in the world, we don’t have a location requirement for this role. However, your working hours must overlap with 9am – 6pm EST for at least 20 hours/week.
Why this job is exciting
We’re looking for a Data Analyst to help grow our values-driven, all-remote team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make an impact on the direction of our business at a critical moment both for us, and for the industry. The demand for data and analytics at Sourcegraph is growing rapidly, and you will help our team level-up by scaling our tools, technology, and processes to meet the need.
Your analysis will be used by nearly every team at the company – including executive-level decision-makers – to make mission critical decisions and answer our company’s most important questions. This could involve work like:
- Analyzing user retention to understand why some users come back, but others don’t
- Completing an analysis dropoff in our signup funnel, with the goal of getting more users to try our product
- Providing our marketing stakeholders with an analysis of inbound traffic from marketing campaigns to determine which sources offer the best ROI
There’s a wide variety of work to be done, and there will be room for you to choose projects that interest you, and make decisions about where your contributions will be the most impactful. We strive to make Sourcegraph the best company where exceptionally talented people can thrive. If you join us, we know you’ll make a big impact! Here’s what we’re thinking:.
We pay you an above-average salary because we want to hire the best people who are fully focused on helping Sourcegraph succeed, not worried about paying bills. You will have the flexibility to work and live anywhere in the world (unless specified otherwise in the job description), and we’ll never take your location or current/past salary information into account when determining your compensation. As an open and transparent company that values equitable and competitive compensation for everyone, our compensation ranges are visible to every single Sourcegraph Teammate. To determine your salary, we use a number of market and data-driven salary sources and target the high-end of the range, ensuring that we’re always paying above market regardless of where you live in the world.
The target compensation for this role is $ $96,609.00 USD base.
In addition to our cash compensation, we offer equity (because when we succeed as a company, we want you to succeed, too) and generous perks & benefits.
Below is the interview process you can expect for this role (you can read more about the types of interviews in our Handbook). It may look like a lot of steps, but rest assured that we move quickly and the steps are designed to help you get the information needed to determine if we’re the right fit for you Interviewing is a two-way street, after all!
We expect the interview process to take 4.5 hours in total.
Introduction Stage – we have initial conversations to get to know you better
- [30m] Recruiter Screen – Kelsey Nagel
- [60m] Hiring Manager Screen / Resume Deep Dive – Kelsey Brown
Team Interview Stage – we then delve into your experience in more depth and introduce you to members of the team, including cross-functional partners
- [60m] Take-home project review (requires preparation)
- [60m] Cross-functional interview
Final Interview Stage – we move you to our final round, where you gain a better understanding of our business and values holistically
- [30m] Values Interview
- [30m] Leadership Interview with a member of the executive team
- We check references and conduct your background check
Please note – you are welcome to request additional conversations with anyone you would like to meet, but didn’t get to meet during the interview process.
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application, and will either move forward with you, find another team that might be a better fit, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Learn more about us
To create a product that serves the needs of all developers, we are building a diverse all-remote team that is distributed across the world. Sourcegraph is an equal opportunity workplace; we welcome people from all backgrounds and communities.
We provide competitive compensation and practical benefits to keep you happy and healthy so that you can do your best work.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Sourcegraph by reading our handbook.
We want to ensure Sourcegraph is an environment that suits your working style and empowers you to do your best work, so we are eager to answer any questions that you have about us at any point in the interview process.
Go back to the careers page for all open positions.
Sourcegraph participates in E-Verify for U.S. Employees
Within one month, you will
- Become familiar with our product and value propositions by completing demos, shadowing team members, attending training sessions, and exploring our data
- Onboard onto our current company metrics and reporting, team priorities, and data infrastructure
- Get to know members of the Data & Analytics and Operations teams, as well as the other members of teams you will be supporting (such as Product, Marketing, Sales, Technical Success, )
- Complete an onboarding project that reinforces your learnings from the first month (e.g. work with the product teams to understand usage around a particular feature )
Within three months, you will
- Take on projects that support our key stakeholders across the business in making great, informed decisions
- Monitor our company’s key performance indicators, and proactively investigate and communicate changes
- Answer ad hoc data questions and requests from teams across the company
Within six months, you will
- Build and maintain data pipelines, dashboards, and reporting for various teams to help them understand progress towards key metrics and goals
- Proactively offer analysis and recommendations to other teams, based on your familiarity with our data and with our company’s key priorities
- Help improve our data enablement efforts to make it easier for everyone to effectively use our data tools
Within one year, you will
- Become a go-to expert on our analytics stack – writing efficient data transformations, analyzing and visualizing many different types of data for a variety of stakeholders, and enabling others at the company to do the same
- Help define the future state of our analytics organization!
You are interested in driving business decisions with quantitative data and contributing to Sourcegraph’s journey to be a data-informed organization. You’re motivated by helping others answer their toughest questions. You love jumping into complex problems and finding innovative solutions. You have a knack for juggling competing priorities. You are strongly aligned with our values, inspired by our mission to make it so that everyone can code, and motivated to do your best work at Sourcegraph.
- You have relevant domain knowledge and experience in analytical roles (analytics, operations, data engineering, data science, etc.)
- You have experience working with SQL and business intelligence tools, such as Looker or Tableau
- You’re familiar with datasets from a multitude of sources, such as Salesforce, HubSpot or Zendesk
- You’re an independent self-starter who can prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously
- You have excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Your working hours overlap with 9am-5pm EST for at least 20 hours per week, so we have time to collaborate synchronously when necessary
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with product, engineering, and design team stakeholders to understand in-product user behavior (i.e retention analysis, user funnels, etc)
- Experience with ETL processes and tooling
- Experience working remotely, with stakeholders in different time zones
- Understanding of software development tools, technologies, and processes
This job is an IC1. You can read more about our job leveling philosophy in our Handbook.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $96,609.00 USD
- Experience Level Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page