- Job Title Development Coordinator
- Hiring Organization Material Innovation Initiative – MII
- Company Website https://www.materialinnovation.org/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE
MII’s Development Coordinator will be responsible for assisting in securing the essential funds that power our work to transform the materials industry by developing and supporting the ecosystem for sustainable and animal-free replacements for leather, wool, silk, down, fur, and exotic skins.
As MII’s Development Coordinator, you will support our development team and own the administrative processes of our three primary fundraising programs: leadership giving (major gifts); annual campaign; and corporate and foundation grant seeking. The Development Coordinator will work closely with the Chief Development Officer (CDO), other members of the Development Department, and the Finance Team in all development and fundraising endeavors to ensure the department runs smoothly and donors are stewarded properly.
While the Development Coordinator will eventually report to the Chief Development Officer and look at the team’s functions to create a well-oiled operation, they will be in service to each development team member, prioritizing tasks based on hours with the CDO as needed. The Coordinator will own the organization’s Development team files (e.g., Google Drive), technology (primarily the donor CRM), and processes and procedures for the team.
THE FINE PRINT
- Terms of employment: Full-time, exempt
- Reports to: Chief Development Officer (temporarily Chief Operating Officer)
- Location: Remote; applicants from around the world are encouraged to apply.
- Benefits: Working from home, flexible holiday and vacation plans, room for advancement, respectful managers, and supportive colleagues. HRA plan for US-based employees
- Salary: $50,000 $60,000 annually in the U.S. for full-time employment dependent on experience. Salary will be adjusted for international locations. A premium may be applied for higher cost of living areas.
MAINTAIN ALL DONOR RECORDS
- Ensure donor management database is up to date and constituent records are comprehensive so as to provide accurate report generation and help ensure the organization’s fundraising success.
- Oversee and perform regular data entry into the organization’s donor CRM system.
- Create and maintain donor profiles, custom reports, and mailing lists to support the work of development staff and to help the Development Department achieve its goals for all campaigns and appeals.
- Conduct research on an as-needed basis for Development Team members to best implement the department’s priorities and to prepare for annual appeals and future campaigns.
- Ensure the donor newsletter (i.e., the Insider) subscriber list is accurate and up to date.
- Responsible for running the reports necessary from the database as requested by the team, including, but not limited to, assisting with the department’s metrics tracking.
SUPPORT THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM WITH DONOR PROSPECTING, CULTIVATION, AND STEWARDSHIP
- Regularly screen inbound donor prospects as needed through donor prospecting software and internet research and share findings with the Development Team.
- Support development department with booking travel for in-person cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation events.
- Oversee the printing and mailing (as needed) of development materials including, but not limited to, appeals, the annual report, banners and fliers for fundraising events, and hard copies of our other reports and materials for fundraising purposes.
- Assist with year-end donor report mailing, invitations, appeal mailings, and annual tax letters.
- Own the donor acknowledgment process, understand what is needed for each gift, keep the team following through on all gifts that come in, understand and follow best practices, and send hand-written thank you notes when applicable.
- Support the event manager with researching venues and vendors for in-person cultivation, stewardship, and solicitation events.
- Support with any other tasks the Development Team may need assistance with, as agreed upon.
MANAGE THE ADMINISTRATIVE NEEDS OF THE DEVELOPMENT TEAM
- Own the Development Team’s Google Drive, keeping the team organized and presenting to the team if the method of organization changes.
- Create and update as necessary the Development Team’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), documenting the processes we already have in place, updating and communicating with the team when processes change, identifying whitespaces for better processes, and calling interview/brainstorming meetings with relevant team members for new processes we need to implement.
- Responsible for coding, managing, and generating reports for the Development Team as needed.
- Collaborate with teammates to assist them in their respective area’s work as appropriate, including but not limited to liaising about tech integrations between our various platforms (e.g., the website and the database), researching foundation prospects, or doing meeting note entry and tasks for team members and yourself in Asana.
- Assist the CDO in making the best use of Asana for personal and team efficiency.
- Work with the CDO to create synergy between the database and Asana or other tech platforms.
- Work with the CDO and COO to create systems for keeping track of the fundraising numbers on a regular basis, this includes but is not limited to pledge installments and fulfillments and YTD fundraising by category.
- Oversee the organization’s state charitable registration requirements via our Harbor Compliance service to ensure we are registered as fundraisers in each state in which we fundraise.
- Participate in all platforms of communication, most specifically email, Slack, Google Drive, and Asana.
- Assist in overseeing and working with Development volunteers.
- Participate in at least one 1 on 1 meetings per week with the CDO to prioritize based on a full or part-time schedule, align, and execute on tasks. (Please note these meetings will be the COO until the CDO is onboarded)
- Participate in Development and all team meetings.
The Development Coordinator is the foundation by which we are able to fundraise and ultimately grow as an organization. Through process, organization, and creativity, the Development Coordinator helps us plan better for the future financially, have more time for field fundraisers to cultivate new donors, and ensures that all of our donors have a wonderful interaction with us at any point in their philanthropic process. It is an essential role in the organization, and the ideal candidate can identify with the following traits:
- A proven track record of managing a multifaceted development program.
- Experience working within a team and working independently.
- Is a problem solver, proactive, and is detail-oriented.
- Previous experience organizing and coordinating teams is a plus.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal communication skills.
- A capacity to work independently and effectively under the pressure of deadlines.
- Excellent research skills and an understanding of how all the development pieces fit together into the larger puzzle.
- Comfortable working remotely and in a growing and evolving organization.
- Strong support for MII’s philosophy and mission.
We want the best people and we don’t want biases holding us back. We strongly encourage people of every color, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply. Because we value a diverse workplace, we prioritize an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team. We encourage candidates with most of the above to apply; we do not expect all candidates to fit this job description 100%.
How To Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Development Coordinator.” Please also specify where you found this job description. Resumes and cover letters will be redacted to remove gender, name, and the names of any educational institutions.
Application Deadline: rolling basis with a preference for onboarding in February, 2023.
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $50,000 $60,000
- Experience Level Junior Level, Mid Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Employer Email