- Job Title DevSecOps Engineer
- Hiring Organization Kraken
- Company Website https://www.kraken.com/en-us
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Our Krakenites are a world-class team with crypto conviction, united by our desire to discover and unlock the potential of crypto and blockchain technology.
What makes us different? Kraken is a mission-focused company rooted in crypto values. As a Krakenite, you’ll join us on our mission to accelerate the global adoption of crypto, so that everyone can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. For over a decade, Kraken’s focus on our mission and crypto ethos has attracted many of the most talented crypto experts in the world.
Before you apply, please read the Kraken Culture page to learn more about our internal culture, values, and mission.
As a fully remote company, we have Krakenites in 60+ countries who speak over 50 languages. Krakenites are industry pioneers who develop premium crypto products for experienced traders, institutions, and newcomers to the space. Kraken is committed to industry-leading security, crypto education, and world-class client support through our products like Kraken Pro, Kraken NFT, and Kraken Futures.
Become a Krakenite and build the future of crypto!
DevSecOps team is responsible for building and maintaining a wide range of platforms for internal customers, primarily in the area of application security. We are operating VM-based solutions as well as container workloads, all defined as a code. Platforms are a combination of proprietary, open-source and home-made solutions.
Team is responsible also for CI/CD security and shifting security left close to developers by implementing various technical solutions and defining the CI processes.
We strongly focus on automation, GitOps, and IaC and proven hands-on skills are required.
As a DevSecOps engineer you will act as an owner of dedicated platforms and will manage the platform life-cycle end-to-end, e.g. writing provisioning code, executing regular upgrades, introducing automations and new features where needed, configuring and building integrations, setting up telemetry, ensuring high availability, onboarding users and providing customers the highest service quality. You will oftentimes participate in the company-wide initiatives as a security expert to ensure CI/CD and application security is addressed on the top level.
Kraken is powered by people from around the world and we celebrate all Krakenites for their diverse talents, backgrounds, contributions and unique perspectives. We hire strictly based on merit, meaning we seek out the candidates with the right abilities, knowledge, and skills considered the most suitable for the job. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer, we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
- Designing and building the security solutions in multiple cloud environments
- Writing code to improve automation, SDLC and overall security posture of the company
- Participating in resolving security incidents and detecting vulnerabilities
- Participating in cross-company security initiatives
- Dealing with bleeding-edge platform engineering technologies with room for introducing own ideas and innovations
- Extensive hands-on experience in platform engineering and DevSecOps in cloud environment:
- AWS Cloud (EC2, Lambda, CloudWatch, RDS, networking, IAM,…)
- Kubernetes & Docker
- Strong hands-on experience in defining Infrastructure as a Code (Terraform, Ansible, Helm)
- Experience in using scripting languages for automating tasks (Python or Golang preferred).
- Proven experience in GitOps deployments for VM-based and containerized workloads.
- Knowledge of various application security tools in the area of SAST, DAST, Secrets Detection, Container Security.
- Expert knowledge of GitLab CI and git.
- Strong focus on platform testing, building test cases and test automation.
- Structured approach to troubleshooting of various layers of platform stack (L3-L7).
- Experience in building or configuring telemetry in cloud environments (logging, monitoring, alarming).
- Deep understanding of IT concepts, including highly available infrastructure, load balancing, DNS, TCP/IP, routing and firewalling, public key infrastructure, TLS, encryption, software development lifecycle, code versioning,…
- Ability to work independently and take over ownership of assigned tasks.
- Excellent communication skills and user-centric mindset.
- Self-organized with demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and populate and manage personal backlog.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page