- Job Title Director Marketing Events
- Hiring Organization ExtraHop
- Company Website https://www.extrahop.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
We are ExtraHop. We’re on a mission to provide security teams with the intelligence they need to confront and stop advanced threats like supply chain attacks, zero day exploits, and ransomware attacks. Cyber attackers still have the advantage. We’re taking it back with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor. Are you ready to help us reclaim the upper hand?
The Director Marketing Events will plan, manage and execute the ExtraHop national events strategy, including trade shows, virtual events and sales events. This is a highly collaborative and visible position on the Corporate Marketing team that will require working across many departments within ExtraHop.
ExtraHop is looking to create a world-class brand experience through our events, while also building thought leadership and demand for our differentiated solutions. If you enjoy coming up with creative and eye-catching ways to get a unique value proposition in front of prospects, partners and customers at events across North America and virtually, while executing a plan to maximize ROI from each event, then this position is for you.
Cyberattackers have the advantage. ExtraHop is on a mission to help you take it back with security that can’t be undermined, outsmarted, or compromised. Our dynamic cyber defense platform, Reveal(x) 360, helps organizations detect and respond to advanced threats––before they compromise business operations. We apply cloud-scale AI to petabytes of traffic per day, performing line-rate decryption and behavioral analysis across all infrastructure, workloads, and data-in-flight. With complete visibility from ExtraHop, enterprises can detect malicious behavior, hunt advanced threats, and forensically investigate any incident with confidence.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. In 2020, we’ve already been named a “Best Place to Work” by Inc., Computerworld, BuiltIn Seattle and Seattle Business Magazine, and we’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years. Forbes named ExtraHop to its 2020 AI 50 List, as well as the list of “20 Best Cybersecurity Startups to Watch.” In 2019 and 2020, JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its Elite 80 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. SC Media has named ExtraHop an Industry Innovator for enterprise network detection and response for the past two years.
- Own the research, evaluation, selection and contracting of national trade shows, virtual events throughout North America, including working with existing success metrics and developing plans for new market segments.
- Align event goals with ExtraHop marketing plans, carrying these business goals through execution and measurement; collaborating effectively with key stakeholders.
- Maintain ownership of the event budget and success metrics, including pre- and post-event planning and reporting.
- Design and manage ExtraHop’s virtual events program, working with SMEs to design engaging content, with demand generation to drive attendance, and executing all program activities. Virtual events should span thought leadership, demand generation events, and customer events.
- Oversee the ExtraHop national sales event program, including the annual Sales Kick-off, Masters Club, and other sales events as needed.
- Execute on-site events, overseeing all logistics, meetings, and executive engagements.
- Own all aspects — internal and external — of event communication plans, coordinating with key internal stakeholders including: executive speakers, Product Marketing, Corporate Marketing, Demand Gen teams, PR agency, etc.
- Remain current on new trends in in-person event presence, exhibit design, and lead capture and follow up — as well as stay informed on the latest digital event technologies.
- Work with the Demand Gen team and Sales to book and track onsite meetings with customers, prospects and partners.
- Assist with post-event follow up with the Sales team, show evaluations and metrics analysis. Work with Marketing and Sales leadership to create a comprehensive follow up plan to ensure ROI maximization.
- Provide deliverable deadline guidance for logistics and ensure critical deadlines are communicated, tracked and met.
- Manage 3rd party vendors, including but not limited to contracting/PO process, event scheduling, and lead list processing. For in-person events this also includes: booth and assets purchase/rental, design, graphics, video, theater presentations, give-aways, in-booth entertainment, on-site catering, reservations, event planning, etc.
- Manage ExtraHop’s BrightTalk channel.
- Minimum 10 years of hands-on experience leading and managing trade shows for a technology company
- Experience managing virtual events and/or webinars
- Experience developing and managing a comprehensive, annual corporate event plan and budget
- Experience managing a 3rd party exhibitor agency
- Demonstrated experience with successful event planning (ROI proof in the form of awareness and demand generation)
- Team player who possesses strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Creative problem-solver with ability to multi-task, manage multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely detail-oriented, you enjoy leveraging project management tools to stay on schedule and leave nothing to chance
- Adept at preparing and delivering pre-show event presentations and setting (and managing) booth staff to event goals and expectations
- Ability to travel 20-30% to facilitate local, domestic and international events, as required
- Bachelor degree or relevant experience required
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays + Paid Volunteer Time
- FSA and Dependent Care Accounts + EAP where applicable
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k with employer match or Pension where applicable
- Pet Insurance (US only)
- Generous Parental Leave
*Benefits outside of the US vary by region.
We are intentional about our culture, diversity, and inclusion, and we welcome everyone to come ready to participate in contributing to this truly unique environment. At ExtraHop, we believe that the best products, services, and companies are built by strong teams that include a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, and experiences. We are committed to supporting and enabling growth and opportunity for every employee at every level. This is the foundation of our success.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page