- Job Title Director of Engineering
- Hiring Organization Codacy
- Company Website https://www.codacy.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Codacy’s vision is to enable everyone to craft software with confidence while focusing on impacting the world at the speed of thought. Our DevOps Intelligence Platform includes two products that enable software development teams to achieve their full potential and give management teams visibility on their investment:
- Quality: provides software analysis to help developers quantify and act on their software quality, technical debt, and security
- Pulse: measures engineering health and performance so teams can continually improve with data-driven insights
We’re curious, funny, radically honest yet kind, and we thrive on collaboration and transparency. We’re a team of highly dedicated and ambitious domain experts brought together by the mission to help development teams reach their full potential, and driven by having a worldwide impact on software development.
We are looking for an Engineering Director to lead multiple development teams within our Product Teams. Reporting to the CTO, you are responsible for defining software development best practice and ways of working to ensure delivery of technical solutions in an agile way. You will work closely with the cross-functional development teams and Product Managers to help define product roadmaps and will be responsible for delivering high quality software solutions.
You will lead projects that typically include a mix of greenfield developments using the latest technologies, building out highly scalable systems, maintaining and enhancing our existing platform to deliver innovative features to our users.
You will lead the delivery of the Product roadmaps and will act as a technical expert providing thought leadership and direction that will enable the teams to succeed by continuously improving technical quality, pace of delivery and providing on-going technical excellence.
- Working closely with product management, technical leadership, and peers to create product roadmaps, estimate work and set priorities for your teams
- Leading and managing multiple cross-disciplinary, geographically dispersed software development teams delivering high quality software solutions
- Defining, driving, and achieving objectives and key results for your teams
- Focusing on continuous improvement and increasing development velocity while maintaining code quality
- Promoting an effective working environment that is supportive and rewarding, aligned with the our values and behaviors
- Recruiting, coaching, mentoring, developing, inspiring, and retaining great people
- Defining & driving the right decisions for tech systems, and acting as gatekeeper for dev tooling, platforms, QA tools, CI/CD, release control, code quality etc
- Instilling ownership, accountability, and technical excellence in your team by driving efficient processes and implementing engineering best practice
- Monitoring efficiency of resource use and manage costs appropriately
- Collaborating with key stakeholders across the organization on a variety of different projects ranging from consumer facing features to backend functionality
- Keeping stakeholders up to date on all activities that affect their individual goals and be the point contact for work status
- 10+ years’ experience in software delivery at a senior level in a fast-moving high growth environment.
- You will have worked on significant cloud software projects, delivering robust, fast paced solutions to significant business challenges, while always focused on continuous improvement.
- You have up to date hands-on technical knowledge, are obsessed with your area of expertise and stay current on up-and-coming practices in software development.
- You are a strong leader who will have in-depth experience managing large teams of Software Engineers, QAs, DevOps and will have had significant commercial budget responsibility.
- You enjoy working collaboratively and easily establish effective relationships across all levels in the organization.
- You are an effective communicator who understands the need for strong stakeholder management.
- You inspire people through your impact and credibility and always demonstrate accountability and take responsibility for your deliverables while maintaining standards and hitting deadlines.
- You always embrace and respond to new challenges.
- Ideally, you will have worked in both scale-up and medium size technology companies.
- You thrive in a dynamic environment and have strong agency to get things done, with exceptional English communication skills with experience in a leadership position where clarity of communications can determine success or failure.
- Competitive Salary. Check our salary calculator at https://www.codacy.com/careers
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Generous learning and development budget
- Flexible holidays
- Flexible working hours
- A remote first work policy
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer competitive salary
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based)
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page