- Job Title Director of Finance
- Hiring Organization Apollo GraphQL
- Company Website https://www.apollographql.com/
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
If you are ready to make your mark on a category-defining company, now is the time to join Apollo GraphQL as the Director of FP&A. Reporting to our CFO, you will lead the FP&A Team, driving financial planning, business insights, and decision support through a strong understanding of the company’s strategy and operations.
You’ll be a trusted advisor to senior executives across the organization and communicate financial information in a concise way, driving process improvements and scalable outcomes.
Apollo is the worldwide leader of GraphQL innovation. Companies like Netflix, Expedia, Peloton, DoorDash, The New York Times, and Zillow are just a small sample of Apollo’s customers. Our open-source product has millions of downloads every week.
Gartner estimates that by 2025, 50% of companies will be using GraphQL, and we’re the clear market leader. GraphQL is transforming the software development space by creating a brand new layer in companies’ stacks called the supergraph that helps engineering teams ship faster and build richer experiences than ever before.
$187,000 – $253,000 a year
The above is base salary.
Location: This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere in the US or Canada.
- Own and manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual FP&A processes including management reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, budgeting and scenario planning.
- Work alongside our CFO and executive team to establish a strategic roadmap and growth targets for multiple business units to improve efficiency and expedite growth.
- Manage, inspire, and develop a small FP&A team, providing growth and career development opportunities.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business, and provide meaningful insights and actionable recommendations for critical business decision making.
- Own and manage the entire finance calendar while clearly communicating financial results, planning expectations, and outcomes.
- Develop key SAAS metrics, e.g. cost of acquisition, net revenue retention to measure the health of the business.
- Structure, build, and maintain complex financial and decision-making models.
- Partner with CEO and CFO to prepare board materials, presentations, and investor reporting.
- Develop key highlights/KPIs to drive business performance and track growth initiatives.
- Build the financial infrastructure to support the company’s current and future business requirements.
Do you enjoy the dynamic nature of cross-functional work, the opportunity to collaborate with diverse teams, and the satisfaction of delivering high-quality results? Are you someone who is stimulated by taking on complex challenges in a rewarding environment where you can showcase your skills while contributing to drive successful outcomes?
Does the opportunity to build and scale a high caliber Finance team for a hyper-growth start-up excite you? Then this is the role for you!
- You have experience in leading and developing an FP&A function in a high-growth and fast-paced enterprise SAAS environment.
- You are experienced in analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations.
- You are an expert in financial modeling and creating three-statement reporting and analysis.
- You consider the big picture when leading the team and driving impact.
- You think creatively, are highly driven, and are skilled at creating structure in situations that are uncertain or ambiguous within a rapidly growing business.
- You have the demonstrated ability to roll up your sleeves and drive projects through to completion.
- You work well independently and have the ability to work with cross-functional teams in a remote environment.
- You are highly articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You get bonus points for a degree or equivalent work experience in Finance, Business, or Economics.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page