- Job Title Director of People
- Hiring Organization AssemblyAI
- Company Website https://www.assemblyai.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
As the first Director of People & Culture at AssemblyAI, you will have the exciting opportunity to pioneer a comprehensive HR strategy across our international team. From the first day a new team member joins us we want the core of who we are to shine through every employee-facing process. You will report directly to the COO and become a trusted resource to all of our leaders and team members. Success in this role hinges on your ability to initially work as a team of one to build and refine all of our people-related processes, ensuring the engagement and retention of our phenomenal team.
Our team is made up of problem solvers, innovators and top AI researchers with over 20+ years of experience in Machine Learning, NLP, and Speech Recognition from companies like DeepMind, Google Brain, Meta, Apple and Amazon. They conduct cutting edge deep learning research and develop novel algorithms & techniques to continually push the state of the art in speech recognition & NLP!
Our team is fully remote, and our culture is super collaborative, low-ego, transparent, and fast-paced. We want to win – and have a flat organization where everyone can openly share ideas (regardless of their title or position) in order to get the best idea.
As a remote company, our team members are given a lot of trust and autonomy to work where and how they want. We look for people to join our team who are ambitious, curious, and self-motivated, and we put a lot of trust and autonomy into everyone on our team. We want to empower everyone to do their best work with whatever tools, structures, or resources they need to perform at their highest potential.
- Create and implement a world-class people experience
- Execute and refine the company-wide performance review process
- Maintain a competitive rewards and compensation strategy in all of our markets
- Partner closely with hiring managers on organizational planning, management best practices, monthly manager meetings, etc.
- Review DEIB practices and oversee continuous improvement to keep our culture welcoming and supportive of all team members
- Launch a learning and development program tailored to our team functions and experience levels
- Ensure our people operations practices run smoothly and eventually hire support to execute as needed
- Bring an analytical mindset to your approach, establishing and reporting on relevant KPIs
- 10+ years in a People role with at least 3 years during the company growth stage of ~50 to ~200 employees
- Exemplify strong leadership skills with a track record of serving as a trusted resource to other managers
- Knowledge of applicable labor laws to ensure compliance with people operations practices
- Excellent communication, presentation skills, demonstrated ability to resolve employee relations issues with professionalism and discretion
- Familiar with tech industry
- Able to work through ambiguity, make data-driven decisions, and collaborate well with others
Nice to Have
- Experience managing an HR team
- Previously worked in a remote-only company
- Familiar with the AI space
- Familiar with Greenhouse, Lattice, and Gusto or at least knowledge of their strengths and weaknesses compared to your preferred tools
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- 100% Remote team
- Unlimited PTO
- Premium Healthcare (100% Covered for you + dependents)
- Vision & Dental Care
- $1K budget for your home office setup
- New Macbook Pro (or PC if you prefer)
- 2x/year company paid team retreat
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer Competitive salary
- Experience Level Senior Level, Expert Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page