- Job Title Director of Product and Motion Design
- Hiring Organization Animoto
- Company Website https://animoto.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
At Animoto, we have always believed video is the most powerful form of communication. The pandemic has made this more true than ever. Small businesses face unprecedented challenges in connecting with their audiences. Video can bring us together.
That’s why our mission is to help anyone make powerful, professional videos. We make best-in-class, easy-to-use video creation apps, with pre-built narrative templates and stunning video styles, that help our customers produce their own engaging videos to share with each other, on social media, on their websites, in their internal communications, and beyond.
This is a great opportunity for a design leader who is passionate about helping people communicate through video. If you have strong design leadership and management skills, cross-disciplinary design experience, and are passionate about understanding how our users can tell great stories through video – we’d love to discuss how you can help us:
- Lead Animoto’s experience design strategy ensuring that Animoto is the easiest-to-use video creation application and that our customers are able to produce the great, high-quality videos they desire.
- Manage a talented team of designers in solving our customer’s most pressing problems.
- Make video creation faster, easier, and more fun, in ways that have never been done before.
Who We Are:
- At Animoto, we help our customers communicate who they are, what they do, and what they love through video. Our users come from all walks of life and are connected by their desire to use video to share what matters most to them. We’re proud to help them share these passions.
- We embrace the differences of our team members and seek diversity of beliefs, backgrounds, education, and all the other things that make us unique. It is our inherent belief that diverse teams build better products. We aim to create a space where employees can bring their true selves to work every day. Animoto is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We welcome you to be a part of it.
- Lead, manage, and mentor our team of product designers, video & motion designers, and video template producers. Build a strong design culture amongst the team and empower them to do their best work.
- Manage the design portion of our product development process, evolving improvements in tight partnership with Product and Engineering leaders. Collaborate with Product and Engineering leaders to ensure smooth feature development with scrum/agile processes.
- Be the voice of design best practices for the organization by advocating for designers, communicating the value of good design practices, and using data and compelling stories to influence. Partner with marketing and marketing designers in building a consistent customer experience.
- Work cross-functionally to understand and define the end-to-end customer experience and improve how we solve customer challenges. Take a strategic approach that quickly iterates on solutions while balancing engineering, business, and product needs without sacrificing the integrity of the design.
- Create an inclusive and open environment that drives towards empathy, makes space for diverse viewpoints and working styles, and questions the status quo.
- Act as an individual contributor as needed by jumping in and assisting on any of the disciplines reporting to this role with tasks from research to product design to template production (this is not expected to exceed 20% of this person’s time).
- 5+ years building a design team with proven skills in hiring, mentoring, and managing team members (ideally of designers from multiple disciplines) with 2+ years experience as a design leader at a digital product company.
- Appreciation for, experience working in, and/or eagerness to collaborate with the following aspects of design: product design, designing for highly interactive interfaces, design psychology, visual design, and design systems.
- Experience communicating the value of design to stakeholders at all levels, building allies and support for the team and key initiatives.
- Expertise in product design/UX (design thinking, user-centered design, design sprints, user empathy) as demonstrated in solutions that meet customer problems while balancing technical constraints and the needs of the business.
- Expert at iterative product design process and experience within an iterative product development organization. Can lead a product team through solution discovery and mentor a team to do the same.
- Experience with user research including qualitative and quantitative data and various research methods. Can mentor designers in user research and use research to advocate for users.
- A visual storyteller with the sensibilities for what makes a great video. Ideally, with knowledge of video and the video production process
- Experience and enthusiasm for inclusive product development (i.e., accessibility).
- Experience in building a creator product (websites, emails, design deliverables, etc), ideally a video creator.
- An opportunity to engage with a community of hard-working, fun-loving, and interesting colleagues, creating incredible products and supporting our customers the world over
- “Work from anywhere” as a part of our fully-distributed workforce
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision benefits; fully-paid premiums for you and your dependents on our most popular plan
- Participation in Animoto’s 401(k) plan + company match
- Accrued PTO from Day 1, with a culture of taking time off to relax and rejuvenate; “Summer Fridays” for a bit more time to spend doing the things you love outside of work
- Allocated budget to help set up your home office with all the ergonomic essentials
- An annual “Subscriptions Perk” to help subsidize the costs of the SaaS providers you use most (Spotify, Netflix, Amazon Prime, or Peloton, to name a few)
- “Focus Fridays” to provide you with uninterrupted time during the work week to execute on your most important directives
- Weekly employee “Demos” and regular company “gatherings”, encouraging collaboration, engagement, and even some laughter across time zones
- THE opportunity of a lifetime to learn, grow, and challenge yourself to do the best work of your life
You may be eligible to participate in Animoto’s bonus program, and may be offered an equity award, commission, and/or other types of compensation. More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link: www.animoto.com/careers
Please note that we are not currently sponsoring visas.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $150,000 - $170,000
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page