- Job Title Director of Product Design
- Hiring Organization Super.com
- Company Website https://www.super.com/
- Remote Locations US
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
We’re looking for a seasoned Head of Product Design who is ready to lead and mold our designers and UX researchers into a department future designers dream of joining. Ultimately, the Director of Product Design is accountable for the entire customer experience as well as the performance of the product design team. We are looking for a leader and mentor that will develop talent, take ownership, and set a strong vision for how our products will scale into the future. You will own the outcomes for product quality and set forth the product design direction so that we deliver user-friendly, magical experiences that drive business outcomes. If you are passionate about building teams, initiating and executing on vision, and raising the bar, then you’re the person we want.
We Believe in Equal Opportunity
- The Director of Product Design (“Head of Product Design”) spends about half of the time overseeing and owning the whole product experience while splitting the rest of the time predominantly between building the org with creating and executing on design vision. Top responsibilities include:
- Delivering excellent experiences to our customers: Empower and guide the design org to deliver world-class product designs to engineering and ensure what hits the streets is magical, usable, and exceeds our customer expectations.
- Own the outcome for product design: Be accountable for quality metrics on usability and NPS while delivering experiences that drive better conversion, activation, retention, and growth.
- Managing the team and developing talent: You’ll identify, recruit, and mentor our 10+ designers and researchers to meet and exceed a high bar for performance and identify where the company needs resourcing to achieve our ambitious goals.
- Generating powerful, actionable insights that translate into design: Through research, interviews, and analysis; guide the UXR team and our usability testing to ensure the company is getting the right data to make the right decisions on what our customers want and need with our products.
- Creating and governing processes for designers to win: Collaborate with leaders on the PDLC, advocate for product quality, and create a team that follows best practices in a collaborative setting.
- Leading design strategy and influencing direction: Use data, examples, and sway to create the vision for where the product design should head, paving the way for dynamic experiences that allow us to scale into new PMMC fits while reinforcing existing paths.
- Advocating for the customer and quality: Elevate the voice of designers to have impact through delivering wins, and push forward a culture that deeply cares about serving our customers through high-quality products.
- 3+ years leading and managing large-scale consumer products in the United States, with 6+ years of experience in product design
- Managed and grew large design organizations of 10+ people
- Excellence in mobile design for web and native with access to a portfolio and/or live products to prove it
- Proven track record of delivering products to market that scale
- Carry an attitude of ownership and initiative
- Data driven and comfortable with product analytics (amplitude), experimentation, analysis
Nice to have
- Multi-industry experience, especially in fintech, travel, or e-commerce
- Located in Pacific Time Zone (though not mandatory)
- Understanding of product management best practices and scalable design systemsHeart for coaching and building excellent teams
- Competitive salary packages, equity options, great benefits from day one, wellness budgets, as well as personal and team-level development budgets
- We are remote first – you have the flexibility to work from around the world and the hours that make sense for you– so that you can do your best work while living life on your own terms
- Other perks include: unlimited PTO, recharge days, travel discounts on SuperTravel, Weekly UberEats credit, annual company offsite
- We welcome new family additions with generous parental leave and a flexible return-to-work plan
- This is just scratching the surface– see our careers site for a more detailed overview of our perks & benefits
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page