- Job Title Director of Product Security Engineering
- Hiring Organization ExtraHop
- Company Website https://www.extrahop.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
We are ExtraHop. We’re on a mission to provide security teams with the intelligence they need to confront and stop advanced threats like supply chain attacks, zero day exploits, and ransomware attacks. Cyber attackers still have the advantage. We’re taking it back with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor. Are you ready to help us reclaim the upper hand?
We are ExtraHop. We’re on a mission to provide security teams with the intelligence they need to confront and stop advanced threats like supply chain attacks, zero day exploits, and ransomware attacks. Attackers still have the advantage. We’re taking it back with creativity, intellectual curiosity, and a sense of humor. Are you ready to help us reclaim the upper hand?
Do you like securing complex networks? Want to be a part of a collaborative team that builds solutions that protect some of the biggest networks in the world? ExtraHop is seeking a Director of Product Security Engineering experienced with driving product security, regulatory compliance, and working collaboratively with other R&D teams to continuously improve product security.
We are looking for a hands-on technical leader that is passionate about building world-class products securely. You will own and drive our security roadmap in alignment with R&D and business initiatives. You will work collaboratively across R&D to cultivate a culture of security awareness, advocate for security, mentor others, and influence leadership.
- Lead product security strategy and collaborate with the Engineering staff through all the phases of the Secure Development Lifecycle. Responsibilities include security architecture & design, threat modeling, secure code reviews, process improvements, security testing & automation, and exploit mitigation.
- Lead product security incident and vulnerability response.
- Educate customers and build trust in the security of the product
- Lead product security operations, including monitoring, alerting, investigation, response, developing playbooks and workflows, and reporting on product security issues.
- Oversee compliance, certifications, audits, and pen tests
- Manage a bug bounty program
- Develop and deliver security training and awareness programs
- Stay up-to-date on the latest security threats and vulnerabilities
- Represent the company at security conferences and even ts
- Build and maintain relationships with security vendors and partners
- Extensive experience in multiple security domains including product security engineering, security operations, infrastructure security, incident response, and compliance. Strong preference for product security experience.
- Experience with software development
- Strong leader and coach with management experience.
- Experience with managing a diverse subset of security roles and skills.
- You communicate security concepts effectively, both to management and individual contributors with a diverse set of backgrounds
- You have strong prioritization skills, both in prioritizing security team efforts as well as helping other teams understand prioritization of performing security remediation and mitigation work.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, well-organized and able to position controls in anticipation of threats
- B.S. in Computer Science related, or equivalent experience
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with product security for an enterprise software product
- Experience with product security for cloud services including SaaS products
- Experience with product security for firmware
- Experience with compliance programs such as SOC2, HIPAA, or FedRAMP
- Experience with building trust with customers around product security
- Experience with incident and vulnerability response
- Experience with security monitoring of cloud services or SaaS products
- Software development experience in C, C++, Python, or Go
All R&D Employees will be required to attend 2 mandatory in-person events every year of approx. 4 days duration.
- Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Honor System PTO and 9 Holidays (US only) + 3 Days of Paid Volunteer Time
- Non-Commissioned positions are eligible to participate in annual discretionary bonus plan
- FSA and Dependent Care Accounts + EAP where applicable
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k with employer match or Pension where applicable
- Pet Insurance (US only)
- Parental Leave (US Only)
- Hybrid and Remote Work Model
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $194,000- $263,600
- Experience Level Senior Level, Expert Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page