- Job Title Director of R&D, Starfleet
- Hiring Organization Protocol Labs
- Company Website https://protocol.ai/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
About Protocol Labs
Protocol Labs drives breakthroughs in computing to push humanity forward. Protocol Labs is a product-development lab, but behind the protocols and tools we build, behind the research and implementations, are passionate people, teammates, and community members. Most teams in the Protocol Labs Network are fully distributed and work remotely around the world. Engineers, researchers, and operators work in the open to improve the internet — humanity’s most important technology — as we explore new advances at the intersection of many exciting fields (web3, cryptography, networks, distributed systems) and cultures (startups, research, open-source, distributed work).
Director for Research Development, Starfleet @ PLN
We seek a talented human with a passion leading groundbreaking research projects and guiding teams into delivering quantifiable results in a structured process, interfacing with stakeholders and consumers of the tech produced.
We are hiring a Director to drive Research & Development at Protocol Labs. We’re looking for an individual who thoroughly understands the principles of fast research, distributed systems and product development.
As a Director, you will work with an experienced interdisciplinary team to design and build resilient systems for tomorrow’s web. You will collaborate closely with lab leads to drive key aspects of roadmap definition, coordination, execution and delivery. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed within a fast-paced environment.
What is Research Development at Protocol Labs
At the Research Development group, we translate theory into reality. We pick the most challenging problems that are needed to be solve to cross the chasms of planetary scale adoption of decentralized technologies and we take them heads on with a pragmatic and rigorous approach, measuring our progress at every step of the way and interfacing with the integrations teams at Web3 and not only to get the technology in the hands of people.
This direction creates an incredibly rich and fertile ground for ideation and prototyping to happen, with a launch pad for shipping those new ideas into reality, testing them in real world scenarios and creating maximum impact for the research performed.
What’s it like to work at Protocol Labs?
- Synthesize and align a cohesive strategy for how each Research Development Lab can maximally contribute to Network impact
- Interface with the Research Development Lab Leads and drive effective decision making that gets translated into a consistent Roadmap
- Interact with a multitude of Web3 and Research projects and other key stakeholders to find opportunities for collaboration and new teams to join the Research Development front
- Drive cross-team decision-making on technical decisions and ensure that appropriate resources are employed to deliver high quality results
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders
- Lead cross functional project meetings, communication, and decision making
- Lead milestone reviews & present project status to the executive team
- Comfort discussing strategic trade offs with engineers, understand the technology and develop a good intuition to aid on the decision making process
- Experience in gathering requirements, developing specifications, and driving execution
- Product & Project Management experience.
- Experience managing hardware/software product releases
- Ability to drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups
- Experience with leading 3rd party teams, engineering teams and business stakeholders
- Experience working in Open Source projects
- Experience working in Volunteer led organizations
- Demonstrated ability to manage project/task prioritization, project planning and schedule development
- Proven success of influencing and developing productive working relationships with diverse technical teams and stakeholders
- Strong technical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $270,000 to $374,000
- Experience Level Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page