- Job Title Director, Sports Marketing
- Hiring Organization Whatnot
- Company Website https://www.whatnot.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
About the Go-to-Market Team
The Go-to-Market team at Whatnot is responsible for the expansion of our category suite and the continued growth of sellers and buyers on the platform. As the Director of Marketing for our sports vertical, you will be responsible for owning the category’s marketing strategy and buyer acquisition to build healthy demand, drive excitement, and exponentially grow the business.
- You own marketing and buyer acquisition for Whatnot’s sports vertical, devising campaigns and events that generate buzz, expand our awareness in the space, and grow demand
- Ideate, advocate and execute campaigns or ideas that move the needle for your category
- Manage and scale a team of category marketers working across events, social media, and supply focused initiatives
- Build a machine to identify and pursue influencer opportunities within the category
- Develop and execute on the social media strategy for your category across multiple channels and platforms
- Build scalable resources and toolkits to help sellers better market their channels and grow their audiences on the platform
- Measure and iterate on the effectiveness of category marketing initiatives
- Own the brand tracking for your category to identify the impact of your efforts as well as identify opportunities for growth.
- Build high-functioning cross functional relationships across creative, finance, product, engineering and more to bring your marketing agenda to life.
Curious about who thrives at Whatnot? We’ve found that low ego, a growth mindset, and leaning into action and high impact goes a long way here.
- You have 8+ years of consumer marketing experience in a fast paced, high-growth startup environment. Marketplaces or creator-focused platforms are a plus
- You’ve shaped a brand from an early stage through a sustained growth period and can proudly speak to the impact your efforts have had on that trajectory, how you’ve navigated challenges, and how you’ve uncovered opportunities.
- You have owned a P&L or been on a business unit team driving a P&L
- You have worked in a variety of capacities on multi-million dollar campaigns
- You are data driven and have experience tracking KPIs and monitoring success for marketing programs
- You have a passion for crafting activations and have a pulse on sports, culture, and the zeitgeist of today
- You are a problem solver with strong project management skills and the ability to fully own strategy and content across multiple marketing channels
- You’re a creative thinker with an aptitude for campaign ideation and content creation
- You are able to prioritize and execute against competing priorities and initiatives
- You are scrappy and flexible enough to work in a fast-paced startup environment with limited guidance, and are comfortable pivoting quickly as needed
Nice to Have
- Passion for creator communities and/or sports, sports cards, or sports collectibles
- Experience with graphic design and video editing tools (e.g. Creative Suite, Figma)
- Experience buying and selling in online marketplaces
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level, Expert Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based)
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page