- Job Title Financial Analyst, Accountant
- Hiring Organization UpKeep
- Company Website https://www.onupkeep.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
- Assist in preparation of consolidated financial statements balance sheet, income statement, and other financial statements according to GAAP.
- Responsible for preparing monthly accounting journal entries including fixed assets, credit cards, expense accruals, and revenue.
- Responsible for Payroll and commissions journal entries and reconciliations, works directly with the manager to explain compensation fluctuations.
- Prior payroll experience is preferred should this individual need to back up the Payroll processing.
- Assist in preparing and filing statutory accounts and tax returns, liaison with tax vendors
- Perform complex general ledger reconciliations to source documents and research variances.
- Respond to accounting inquiries by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Collaborate to support reporting, automation, and process improvement across the organization.
- Perform daily cash reconciliations.
- Assist with the annual external consolidated GAAP audit, tax compliance and other regulatory requirements.
- Initiate, drive and implement improvements of processes; constantly look to invent and simplify.
- Leverage your knowledge of the business to provide input on reporting improvements based on your experience.
- Leverage the broad range of UpKeep’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use.
- Collaborate with other accountants on the team in answering financial questions.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 2+ years of related experience.
- Working knowledge of ERP Systems, Planning Systems, Payroll and Power BI.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven analytical and financial reporting skills using Excel, Google Worksheets, including advanced formula writing using functions, and data analytic skills.
- Experience generating reporting to support finance and business
- Receptive to change – is flexible. Seeks and adopts improved approaches and processes.
- Initiates action – is results oriented, takes responsibility for actions and outcomes. Meets commitments and strives for high performance.
- Manages the workload – makes timely decisions, prioritizes effectively, solves problems, monitors results and takes remedial action where necessary.
- Technically proficient – able to apply the technical knowledge and skills required in the job role and responsibilities in order to achieve the expected outputs.
- Takes responsibility for own learning – knows personal strengths, recognizes development needs, and takes action to improve. Is open to feedback and always seeks to learn.
- Communicates ideas – respectfully exchange information and proposes a way forward. Listen to views of colleagues and take in diverse perspectives.
- Works collaboratively – shares knowledge and information, fosters teamwork and contributes to a positive work environment where people want to come to work.
- Display ethical character and competence – acts with integrity and intent, is accountable for own actions, behaves according to the company values.
- Act as a good citizen of UpKeep.
Full-time team members at UpKeep are offered affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance for themselves and their families, HSA with employer paid contribution, optional FSA, Life Insurance, 11 paid annual holidays, unlimited paid time off, 10 days of sick time per year, ability to enroll in our 401(k) plan, 12-week paid parental leave, Employee Assistance Program, Modern Health for mental health resources, and the flexibility to work from home. We value work-life-harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page