- Job Title Financial Analyst
- Hiring Organization Qwilr
- Company Website https://qwilr.com/
- Remote Locations Philippines
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
We are looking for an enthusiastic and proactive person to join our Finance & Operations. In this role, you will be responsible for managing various administrational tasks related to finance, ensuring smooth operations and accurate financial records.
Find out more information here https://team.qwilr.com/ESNh3RBrSSaA
You will handle the Qwilr Finance mailbox, responding to internal and external queries and forwarding them to the appropriate stakeholders. Additionally, you will be in charge of weekly Xero coding and bookkeeping, reconciling accounts, and accurately coding new transactions.
Preparing management reports in Xero and tracking department spending against budgets will also be part of your responsibilities. You will play a vital role in handling accounts payable, processing supplier payments, and managing customer payments in collaboration with the Billing team. Your proactive approach will be essential in identifying unusual account movements and investigating discrepancies, raising queries and providing explanations. Your dedication to maintaining accurate financial records and supporting the accounting team with various reconciliations will be crucial to our overall financial success.
- You will manage administrational tasks including the Qwilr Finance mailbox, Responding to internal queries, Forwarding external queries to the relevant internal stakeholder, Updating Xero for invoices & receipts received
- You will manage the weekly Xero coding/bookkeeping including keeping our Xero accounts fully & accurately reconciled, determining the correct coding for new transactions & ensuring invoices & receipts are collected for all transactions
- You will be preparing management reports in Xero Managing the preparation of our monthly management reports, plus ad hoc reports as required You will proactively identify & investigate unusual account movements, raising queries & explaining these movements You will track every department spending against their individual budgets
Other accounting jobs:
- You will prepare monthly Deferred Revenue calculations & revenue reconciliations Manage the prepayment of amortisation workings You will post payroll journals along with other ad hoc accounting reconciliations
- You will be responsible for accounts payable including keeping our accounts payable up to date and drafting payments for suppliers, contractors & vendors
- You will work with our Billing team to ensure customer payments are correctly recorded in Xero including supporting our billing team to collect customer payments. You will manage and ensure new customers are correctly recorded in our various accounting & customer reporting systems.
- Financial modelling (Excel skills), being able to support the Finance team in maintaining our financial models & forecasts
- The ability to assist the Head of Finance with rolling the model each month based on “actuals” & making revisions to the model
- Eventually level up to begin to own parts of the forecasting process & independently investigate variances.
- Provide Internal dashboard management & data collation (Excel & Data management skills) →
- Collate data from our various systems to prepare monthly business unit dashboards.
- Report on and monitor Qwilr’s Financial KPI’s & Key Metrics
- Constructively work with the rest of the Finance team to identify & develop improvements to our dashboard reporting.
- Australian Payroll management
- The ability to manage Payroll for all Australian employees via Xero Payroll
- The ability to manage Australian Payroll Tax filings via Xero (PAYG, Superannuation, State Payroll Tax)
- The ability to managing Qwilr employee reimbursement approval and payment,
- Knowledge and experience with GST & BAS filing
- Manage Australian GST & BAS Tax filings via Xero
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a Finance-related role
- Experience using Microsoft Excel & Xero
- Exposure to payroll & Treasury/AR/AP management
- A strategic thinker who is able to assess issues, weigh up potential solutions & articulate conclusions
- Process-oriented and highly organised
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Self motivation and a desire to learn
- An ability to work to deadlines & under pressure
- Experience with building and presenting management reports, budgets, forecasts, financial models etc
- Startup or SaaS experience
- Amazing company-wide retreats every year
- Budget for work setup, further education, conferences and books
- Leave entitlement for holidays, sick days, mental health, those terrible period cramps and when life happens
- Remote-friendly, parent-friendly, and support for flexible working arrangements
- But, the real benefit is that at Qwilr you’ll get to do challenging, rewarding work with smart and dedicated teammates.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Philippines
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page