- Job Title Global Partnerships Manager
- Hiring Organization GiveDirectly
- Company Website https://www.givedirectly.org/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
GiveDirectly (GD) aims to reshape international giving and millions of lives by providing cash grants directly to the poorest people in the world. The Brookings Institution estimates that $100B of cash transfers would be required to eliminate the poverty gap; the aid sector currently spends $135B each year, much of it on evidence-free interventions. GiveDirectly wants to change that, establishing cash transfers as a benchmark for foreign aid as the index fund is a benchmark for the financial industry and in the process accelerating the end of extreme poverty.
GD has raised over $800M since launching in 2011, delivered cash to more than 1 million people, and launched offices in 11 countries across North America, Africa, and the Middle East. We’ve also supported 19 large-scale, experimental research projects that indicate strong recipient impact of our programs including the largest universal basic income experiment in history. We use concrete evidence to inform the design of our programs: from research results published in leading journals, to in-depth qualitative work. As a result, GD has been celebrated as one of the most innovative non-profit companies by Fast Company, while the growing cash transfer movement (and GD’s leading role within it) have been featured in the New York Times Magazine, This American Life, Foreign Affairs, and The Economist.
We’re looking for exceptional talent to grow our collaborative, diverse team. Joining GiveDirectly provides the opportunity to work alongside individuals who come from 21 different countries and speak 69 different languages. We’re actively working toward an equitable and inclusive environment for all team members, and seek candidates who will bring diverse perspectives and experiences to our organization. We recruit from organizations across all industries: our team has hailed from sectors including start-ups, government, consultancies, investment banks, and nonprofits.
Across our global offices, our culture is candid, analytical, non-hierarchical, and fast-paced. We value ability, adaptability, and willingness to learn. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as performance-based bonuses.
Location: Global, Remote
Reports to: Partnerships Director
Note: This is a remote role but will need to overlap with East Africa Time zones for at least three hours per day for meetings.
As Partnerships Manager, you will help drive new and innovative funding partnerships with foundations, institutions, and corporations in collaboration with GiveDirectly’s operations and research teams. You will manage major grants and related reporting for new and recurring partners; develop and maintain a pipeline of funding opportunities; build and scale internal tracking, reporting and opportunity sourcing processes; and manage the completion of concept notes and full proposals. You are highly organized, a strong verbal and written communicator, and solutions-oriented, and you thrive when working at the nexus of several fast-moving teams.
At GiveDirectly, we strive to pay our employees generously and equitably. We use an accredited third party salary aggregator to ensure that staff’s total compensation package (base compensation + bonus) falls within the 75th percentile of similar roles, at similar organizations. We also have a no negotiation policy to ensure we are paying staff equitably across roles.
The United States base salary is $85K USD for this role. It is benchmarked at the country level, so if you are working from another country, this will be adjusted to the local market. We do not allow negotiation of salary for the sake of equity in the organization across position levels.
This role is fully remote, so if you are not based in the US, we will share an estimated salary benchmark for the country you are based in during the hiring process.
About the hiring process
Format: The hiring process follows the same general outline for all open roles:
First interview (30 mins)
Take home skills assignment (~2 hours)
Second interview (1 hour)*
Third interview (1 hour)*
Final interview (1 hour)
Reference checks (30 mins each)
*For some roles, second & third interviews are combined into a panel interview. If there are adjustments or variations on this process, those changes will be communicated during the first interview.
Venue: We conduct interviews over Google Meet with camera on (unless communicated otherwise).
Accessibility: Closed captioning is available during all Google Meet interviews, and interviewers will also post interview questions in the chat box throughout the call. If you need assistance accessing either of these features, please let your interviewer know at the start of your interview!
We’re committed to running an inclusive and accessible application process for all of our open roles. If there are questions or concerns you have about the accessibility of our hiring process, we warmly invite you to reach out to email@example.com.
**GD is committed to observing all local, national and international laws that protect children, vulnerable adults, and basic human rights of all. GD is committed to a policy of zero tolerance for sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEAH) and expects anyone who works for GD to uphold the protection and safeguarding of our recipients as a priority.**
- Owning the end-to-end drafting of funding proposals, pitches, concept notes, grantee reports, and more, for a variety of audiences.
- Partnering with funders and operations teams to design core program parameters for proposals and communicate them effectively.
- Project & Knowledge Management:
- Owning the proposal development process from identification to submission, including managing colleagues across teams in contributing high quality material as needed.
- Developing high quality, brand-accurate core content for the organization, including one pagers, proposal FAQs, standard pitch decks, templates etc.
- Relationship Management and Communications:
- Building and scaling systems for gold standard relationship management and grants administration (including regular update calls, customised proposals, and reports).
- Managing relationships with assigned funders, including day to day informal and formal communications and presentations.
- Managing ongoing grant agreements (reporting and compliance requirements) in collaboration with the compliance team.
- Donor Acquisition and Retention:
- Running full sales cycles, building a coalition of funders passionate about direct giving.
- Providing pitch materials for management team outreach to potential funders.
- Maintaining relationships with current partners and tracking their strategic priorities.
- Pipeline Management and Analytics:
- Contributing to GiveDirectly’s growing fundraising pipeline and tracking performance against ambitious fundraising goals.
- Identifying opportunities for improved analytics (via dashboards, processes, trackers, etc.) proactively and implementing ideas.
What we’re looking for:
An individual with (i) a strong drive to take ownership who enjoys writing and project management, (ii) a desire to work in a fast-paced team, and (iii) an interest in maximizing GiveDirectly’s impact by building, managing, and scaling relationships and projects with GiveDirectly’s partners.
Other things we’d like to see:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially of complex work
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- A strong interest in and proven aptitude for being solutions oriented
- A proclivity for giving and gracefully receiving direct, honest, and constructive feedback
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a top private or public sector organization
- An excitement and energy for the work we do and for collaborating with others
In addition to the specific skills required for each role, we’re looking for candidates who are aligned with our Values, and who actively demonstrate our core competencies: emotional intelligence, problem solving, project management, follow-through, and fostering inclusivity.
At GiveDirectly, we work to ensure that you have everything you need to excel in your role and on your team, including:
- A positive and supportive team with opportunities for advancement
- A demonstrated commitment to helping all staff develop and grow
- A competitive salary, including bonus
- A robust health benefits plan (exact details will vary by country)
- Unlimited PTO (that we encourage staff to take!)
- Desk allowance and flexible work location
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $85K USD
- Experience Level Junior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based)
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page