Company Website: https://wikimediafoundation.org/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Freelance, Full Time
Duration: 5 months
Hours: 40 hours/week
The Wikimedia Foundation is looking for a Graph Engineer Consultant to support our team, reporting to the Engineering Manager, Search Platform. As the Graph Engineer Consultant, you will be responsible for defining a transition strategy for migrating Wikidata Query Service (WDQS) from Blazegraph to a different RDF store and executing this transition. Your work will include understanding and documenting the current state, its limitations and the needs of a future solution in accordance with the needs of the Wikidata community and the engineering constraints identified.
- Documenting the criteria that will be used to evaluate alternative RDF stores to replace our use of Blazegraph.
- Listing and reviewing potential alternate solutions in light of the criteria defined above. Experimenting with the most promising solutions to validate decisions.
- Time permitting, implementing a new version of WDQS based on an alternate RDF store.
- Strong familiarity with Graph databases and / or RDF stores
- Proven track record of analyzing complex processes and advising on strategy
- Experience working with large-scale services
Qualities that are important to us:
- Comfortable making trade-off decisions
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Additionally, we’d love it if you have:
- Direct experience working with Wikidata Query Service
- Understanding of the free culture, free software, or online rights movements
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level unspecified
- Working Hours 40 hours per week
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page