- Job Title Head of Business Operations
- Hiring Organization Checkr
- Company Website https://checkr.com/
- Remote Locations United States
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
- Remarks High Paying
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by designing technology to create opportunities for all. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $5B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
As the Head of Business Operations, you will lead a team of 7-10 FTE, supporting our ~400 person Operations department across project management, data/analytics, systems and tools management, and communications & planning. This role will report to the VP, Operations and work closely with Operations Senior Leadership and the Chief People & Operations Officer to drive high impact initiatives to improve operational efficiency and quality.
The Head of Business Operations will lead initiatives to delight our candidates and customers with our service quality — identifying additional ways for the team to leverage tools and technology, driving a deep understanding of the operation through quantitative analysis, and driving process efficiency across the team. This role will also play a critical communications role within the Ops Senior Leadership and own all OKR/Goals planning, KPI tracking, and other critical communications pathways.
One of Checkr’s core values is Transparency. To live by that value, we’ve made the decision to disclose salary ranges in all of our job postings. We use geographic cost of labor as an input to develop ranges for our roles and as such, each location where we hire may have a different range. If this role is remote, we have listed the top to the bottom of the possible range, but we will specify the target range for an exact location when you are selected for a recruiting discussion. The salary range for this role is $143,650 to $299,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Build and lead a team spanning four functions: Project Management, Operations Systems & Tools, Business Intelligence & Workforce Management, and Ops Communications & Planning
- Develop a deep understanding of operational functions & processes and advise Ops. Senior Leaders on strategic direction, planning, budgeting, and priorities for their respective teams.
- Spearhead complex and highly cross-functional strategic projects to improve our support service delivery and customer experience.
- Partner with IT teams to drive improvements to the Operations software stack and project manage large-scale systems transformations, upgrades, and other changes.
- Enhance visibility and understanding of operational quality and efficiency by proposing, developing and maintaining KPIs and dashboards across all Operations teams. Propose and conduct ad-hoc analyses to drive insight into areas such as support contact drivers, and compliance quality.
- Own end-to-end workforce management for Operations, including forecasting, capacity planning, and scheduling. Drive step function improvements in our forecasting models for Support teams and set the vision for our global workforce strategy
- Lead all communications and planning related activities across the Ops Senior Leadership Team including quarterly goals management, all-hands, tactical leadership meetings, offsites, and more.
- Drive the Business Operations growth strategy and build out the necessary skills and sub-functions
- Support the VP Operations with various initiatives and tasks
- 7-10 years in a strategic, analytic roles, including operating experience at a high-growth startup
- Prior experience building and leading a Business Operations team, or similar function
- Exceptional project management, organization, and verbal and written communication skills
- Experience spearheading large complex projects and a strong track record of impact
- Exceptional analytic skills and experience managing a team of business/data analysts
- Deep knowledge of workforce management and headcount planning for a multi-channel customer service organization. Experience driving forecasting, capacity planning, and budgeting initiatives.
- Highly proactive and a self-starter
- Proven ability to build cross functional relationships, drive change, and influence senior management
Additional Beneficial Experience
- Prior business leadership roles, ideally in a SaaS, enterprise environment
- 2+ years of strategic consulting experience at a top tier firm
- MBA preferred
- Loves working in a fast-growing startup
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $143,650 to $299,000
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Master's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page