- Job Title: Hungry full stack WordPress developer for website rebuild and ongoing contract work
- Hiring Organization: Praxis Continuing Education and Training
- Company Website: https://praxiscet.com/
- Remote Locations: Americas
- Job Type: Remote, Full-Time
My name’s Kathryn and I’m part of the team at Praxis, the premier provider of continuing education for clinical professionals. We are based in California but have a remote team. We produce online courses and live events, providing thousands of clinicians with their continuing education credits every year.
Check us out: praxiscet.com
We’re looking for a full stack WordPress developer to implement a new design on one of our websites. We’d love to find someone who would also be interested in ongoing contract work to join our team on a part-time basis following the website rebuild.
This is the perfect opportunity for a junior WordPress developer looking to test themselves and move to the next level in their career. You will be working alongside our senior developer who has 15 years of experience in web development and has built and maintained high profile content and e-commerce websites. You will have the opportunity to receive feedback from him and other members of the team and continue to develop your skills.
We currently manage three websites, all of which are built with WordPress. Your first project would be to implement a brand new design on the website of prominent psychologist, Dr. Steven C. Hayes.
No two days will be the same, and we have a busy calendar of course launches and exciting online happenings that we need your help with. So there will be a steady stream of 10-15 hours a week of ongoing contractor work for the right person.
Our team is mainly split across the US and Europe. Our senior developer is based in Europe so for this role we need someone in North/Central/South America who will be available to help our US team outside of Europe hours.
Please only apply if you live in a timezone between UTC-9 and UTC-3.
You do not need to live in the US to apply but you must speak fluent English and be confident writing in English. We use Basecamp for everything and most of our communication is written. You must also be OK with getting on the occasional Zoom call with other members of the team, some of whom are in Europe, so having flexibility to have calls in the morning is ideal.
- Performing scheduled and not scheduled maintenance and security updates on our WordPress sites
- Contributing to our QA procedure for all things related to our websites
- Helping the rest of team who work on our site solve day-to-day operational issues and customer needs
- Maintaining our custom theme and plugins and expanding them with new features
- Developing and maintaining integrations with various third party APIs
- Assisting our senior developer with preparations for course launches
- You have at least 2 years of WordPress web development experience and enjoy working on your own projects and alongside others as part of a team.
- You completely understand how WordPress works at the code level. You have built your own custom themes/plugins and you know how to extend WordPress core. Having experience with any of the following is a plus: Astra Theme, Easy Digital Downloads, LearnDash, Beaver Builder, Event Espresso.
- You understand how REST APIs work and you are comfortable consuming RESTful web services, either via the client (AJAX) or the server (PHP).
- You like finding smart and elegant solutions to coding problems, in line with WordPress coding and security best practices. Your code is clean, understandable and well commented.
- You are competent with version control systems (Git) and having experience with modern web development workflows and tools (Yarn, Gulp, Sass) is a plus.
You need to…
- Like a big workload and be comfortable working quickly.
- Welcome revisions and embrace our perfectionist tendencies.
- Be someone who really likes keeping things in order. You cross your Ts, dot your Is, and double-check everything before you submit it to be checked.
- Be a clear and capable communicator. Great English and attention to detail are essential.
- Be someone we love working with!
How To Apply:
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- ONE example of a WordPress based website you have coded (do not send more than one link or your entry will be disqualified)
- A brief pitch on why you think you’d be a great fit
- Your hourly rate expectation
- Which time zone you are in
Do not include a CV.
We won’t be able to respond to all applicants, but those whose notes stand out will be invited to the next stage.
If you’re on the fence about applying, please do.
I look forward to hearing from you!
- Remote Job Location Americas
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Employer Email