- Job Title Internal Communications Specialist
- Hiring Organization Oyster HR
- Company Website https://www.oysterhr.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Location: While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote, and you can work from home. Forever. To create the best experience for our new hire, this role requires that you be based within -8 / +3 UTC.
As the Internal Communications Specialist, you will play a pivotal role in fostering effective communication and engagement within Oyster. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure that our employees are informed, aligned, and connected. Your creative thinking, strategic planning, and exceptional communication skills will be essential in crafting and delivering messages that reflect our company values and objectives.
- Lead in the creation of engaging content that connects Oysters across the globe with our company vision, mission, and strategic priorities.
- Identify internal communication needs and help to build a roadmap of internal communications structure and cadence.
- Optimize and manage the day-to-day maintenance of Oysters’ internal communications tools (Slack, Notion, Loom, etc.), working closely with stakeholders to ensure that timely and relevant news is being shared across the business to improve employee engagement and internal brand advocacy.
- Support the production of Oyster’s monthly All Hands meeting, including building slide decks and editing video content.
- Monitor and analyze the performance of campaigns across all internal communication channels (Slack, Notion, Loom, etc.) by reporting on key performance metrics such as channel effectiveness and engagement.
- Mine the company for storytelling opportunities, then craft and share those for both internal and external audiences across channels.
- Collaborate with members of the Workplace team to develop and implement an employer value proposition, creating awareness focusing on retention and recruitment.
- Support the internal communication response to crisis situations that affect organizational perception and reputation; aligned with external communication messages, in collaboration with our customer and external public relations teams.
- Advanced written and verbal English language skills with the ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas to multiple audiences effectively.
- You will have an excellent grasp of composition and correct spelling and grammatical errors with ease.
- Excellent experience creating asynchronous, company-wide communication via tools such as Loom, Notion, and Slack.
- Proven ability to create and edit both comprehensive and accurate content across a variety of mediums, including high-level and detailed documentation used to communicate programs, processes, and guides.
- Experience drafting communications on behalf of an executive office.
- Video editing skills and experience with applications such as Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Apple Final Cut Pro X.
- Experience working at a global company.
- [Bonus] Basic design skills (Adobe Illustrator, Indesign).
You’ll also need…
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent English language skills
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created How YOU Work; a program of policies, practices, and perks to support your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you’re authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breaks—we all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a wellbeing allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: $3000 stipend to spend on your laptop and any other equipment you need for your home office; we’ll get you up and running in no time!
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Junior Level, Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page