Company Website: https://mangolanguages.com/
Remote Locations: Worldwide
Job Type: Freelance, Part Time
Mango Languages is looking for an expert in K-12 language curriculum development. In this part-time, remote contractor position, you will collaborate with a team of linguists to assist in curriculum development and planning, and create a suite of language learning activity templates based on this plan.
The curriculum development expert is responsible for ensuring that the final set of lesson plan templates meets the needs of World Language educators and students, in addition to meeting the high quality standards of Mango Languages.
The ideal candidate will have significant and recent experience in a K-12 World Language classroom, and is passionate about language education. This person will have a track record of creating innovative and effective lesson plans for world language classrooms.
- Work collaboratively with remote team members to build out a hierarchy and plan for curricular elements
- Develop a suite of classroom activity templates to be used in scalable curriculum development initiatives
- Create activities that are informed by and tagged for Depth of Knowledge levels and Bloom’s taxonomy
- Support the development of language framework training curriculum and materials for institutions and educators.
- Offer insight into the K-12 space by consulting on various initiatives
- Support possible transition to digital format as appropriate
- Review outcomes of user testing and implement corresponding changes
- Commit to a part-time collaboration, with a time commitment between 10 and 30 hours per week depending on project phase
- Attend and participate in regular project team meetings
- Master’s Degree or higher in Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Technology, or similar field
- Demonstrated experience developing curricula and activities based on that curriculum for use in a K-12 language classroom (please see application requirements)
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience as a World Language teacher in a K-12 classroom in the US
- Extensive knowledge of language proficiency standards, including ACTFL and WIDA
- Advanced knowledge of current trends in research and instructional methodologies
- Comprehensive understanding of classroom teachers’ needs
- Experience working with a diverse population of learners
- Exhibit cultural competence in the development and delivery of the curriculum
- Reliable internet connection
- Experience with Google Suite (Sheets and Docs) preferred
- Passionate about teaching and sharing world languages and culture
- Strong communication skills and responsiveness on email
- Able to adapt to changing priorities
- Enthusiasm for incorporating technology in language learning
- Readiness to think critically and ask questions
- Able to give and receive feedback
- Proven track record of consistently meeting deadlines
- Must work well in a team
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Master's Degree
- Working Hours freelance
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page