- Job Title Legal Analyst
- Hiring Organization Grammarly
- Company Website https://www.grammarly.com/
- Remote Locations United States or Canada
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Corporate Hybrid – United States or Canada
Grammarly is excited to offer a remote-first hybrid working model. Team members work primarily remotely in the United States, Canada, Ukraine, Germany, or Poland. Certain roles have specific location requirements to facilitate collaboration at a particular Grammarly hub.
All roles have an in-person component: Conditions permitting, teams meet 24 weeks every quarter at one of Grammarly’s hubs in San Francisco, Kyiv, New York, Vancouver, and Berlin, or in a workspace in Krakw. This flexible approach gives team members the best of both worlds: plenty of focus time along with in-person collaboration that fosters trust and unlocks creativity.
Grammarly team members in this role must be based in the United States or Canada, and they must be able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub(s) where the team is based.
Every day, tens of millions of people and 50,000 professional teams worldwide trust Grammarly’s AI and human expertise to help ideate, compose, revise, and comprehend communications. Our team members have the autonomy to take on exciting challenges in pursuit of our mission to improve lives by improving communication. Together, we’re building on more than a decade of steady growth and profitability. We’re defining the communication assistance category with our tailored service offerings: Grammarly Free, Grammarly Premium, Grammarly Business, and Grammarly for Education. Our latest product offering, GrammarlyGO, brings the power of generative AI to our users. It all begins with our team collaborating in an inclusive, values-driven, and learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, we’re looking for a Legal Analyst to join our Legal team. Under the supervision of our attorneys, this individual will help us counsel cutting-edge legal issues, help build a world-class legal infrastructure, negotiate important commercial agreements, and collaborate closely with our customers and partners. This person will be critical to building out Grammarly’s Legal team. They will also have opportunities to work cross-functionally with our Sales, Communications, Marketing, Customer Success, and Product teams.
Support for you, professionally and personally
- Professional growth: We believe that autonomy and trust are key to empowering our team members to do their best, most innovative work in a way that aligns with their interests, talents, and well-being. We support professional development and advancement with training, coaching, and regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, and we apply this mindset to our own team. Our remote-first hybrid model enables a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER (ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable) values. We work to foster belonging among team members in a variety of ways. This includes our employee resource groups, Grammarly Circles, which promote connection among those with shared identities, such as BIPOC and LGBTQIA+ team members, women, and parents. We also celebrate our colleagues and accomplishments with global, local, and team-specific programs.
Grammarly takes a market-based approach to compensation, which means base pay may vary depending on your location. Our US and Canada locations are categorized into compensation zones based on each geographic region’s cost of labor index. For more information about our compensation zones and locations where we currently support employment, please refer to this page. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Base pay may vary considerably depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The expected salary ranges for this position are outlined below by compensation zone and may be modified in the future.
Zone 1: $76,000 – $92,000/year (USD)
Zone 2: $68,000 $83,000/year (USD)
Zone 3: $65,000 $78,000/year (USD)
Zone 4: $61,000 $74,000/year (USD)
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, and we encourage allespecially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizationsto apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, political belief, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer and a participant in the US federal E-Verify program (US). We also abide by the Employment Equity Act (Canada).
Please note that EEOC is optional and specific to US-based candidates.
All team members meeting in person for official Grammarly business or working from a hub location are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
As a Legal Analyst, you will take on crucial tasks under attorney supervision and manage exciting projects with accuracy and ownership, all while gaining practical experience in the intersection of law, business, and technology. As a foundational member of the Grammarly Legal team, you will also help develop the team’s culture through exemplary care for others and a strong commitment to finding creative solutions to complex questions.
- Within your first 30 days, you will onboard to the Grammarly Legal team and focus on understanding our team and our product. You will solve interesting legal and business questions and be involved in at least one sales cycle for Grammarly Business, our product offering that supports businesses, enterprises, and other professional teams.
- By month three, you will manage a cross-functional legal project, help negotiate important commercial agreements, and help us interview candidates as we grow our Legal team.
- By month six, you will be negotiating standard commercial agreements under attorney supervision and creating a scalable legal process for an internal team.
- By year one, you will successfully be able to help the Legal team achieve its goals on a regular basis, and delight internal clients with excellent work.
- Embodies our EAGER valuesis ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable.
- Is able to collaborate in person 2 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based.
- Displays extraordinary organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail.
- Maintains a collaborative, team-first mindset.
- Communicates excellently.
- Loves to solve challenges with creative solutions.
- Has great enthusiasm and passion for law, technology, and business.
Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package encompassing the following and more:
- Excellent health care (including a wide range of medical, dental, vision, mental health, and fertility benefits)
- Disability and life insurance options
- 401(k) and RRSP matching
- Paid parental leave
- Twenty days of paid time off per year, eleven days of paid holidays per year, and unlimited sick days
- Home office stipends
- Caregiver and pet care stipends
- Wellness stipends
- Admission discounts
- Learning and development opportunities
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer market-based
- Experience Level Junior Level, Mid Level, Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page