Company Website: https://status.im/our_team/
Remote Locations: Worfldwide
Job Type: Full time
We’re looking for a tech-savvy Legal Counsel to partner Status into its growth phase. Status has always put compliance first, and you’ll be a trusted advisor to our founders and team members, helping us navigate the diverse global legal implications of our research and development of blockchain technology.
You will provide practical and well-informed advice in response to complex and rapidly changing conditions, working autonomously to drive business projects as our standalone legal lead.
The anticipated salary range for this role is $70,000 – $100,000 USD (paid in local currency, or crypto, and dependent on experience & location), plus a grant of Status Network Tokens vesting over a three-year period.
- Research and provide legal steering on Status’s worldwide business plans, projects and product launches
- Own all legal needs and requirements of Status, calling in specialist external law firms as needed, and manage the relationships we already have with a number of external counsels
- Draft, negotiate and execute commercial agreements with service providers, partners, and contractors
- Analyze and identify legal and regulatory risks and implications and help Status meet its compliance obligations
- Take the lead on corporate law matters; contribute to Status’s corporate legal structuring
- Answer internal as well as external legal and regulatory requests
- Manage and organize all legal documentation
- Implement and maintain relevant policies and procedures.
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role!]
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
- An advanced legal qualification
- Working experience in an international, dynamic legal environment
- The ability to identify and resolve legal issues quickly and pragmatically while maintaining the highest standards of compliance
- Excellent communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Experience of working remotely and asynchronously.
Bonus points if:
- You have a passion for blockchain technology
- You’ve worked for an open source organization or tech startup previously
- You are a direct and pragmatic advisor with a knack for avoiding unnecessary legalese.
How To Apply:
Click “apply” below to process your Job application!
- Remote Job Location Globe
- Salary Offer $70,000 - $100,000 USD
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level unspecified
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page