- Job Title: Litigation Paralegal
- Hiring Organization: DoorDash
- Company Website: https://www.doordash.com/
- Remote Locations: United States
- Job Type: Remote, Full-Time
DoorDash is hiring a Litigation Paralegal to manage a significant portion of our docket and ediscovery needs at an exciting time for our rapidly growing business. You’ll have an opportunity to own important matters, work closely with in-house counsel, and serve as an internal point person on ediscovery. You will have wide-ranging responsibilities with ownership of projects and work streams that make an immediate impact.
DoorDash Legal has built a reputation within the company for our supportive approach to counseling, always with a bias for action. We’re a group of collaborative and dynamic individuals that work as a flexible and cohesive group. Join us!
We are working remotely.
About the Team
Our Legal Team has built a reputation within the company for our supportive approach to counseling, always with a bias for action. We’re a group of seasoned business-forward lawyers, paralegals, and legal professionals, who work collaboratively, have a healthy sense of humor, are humble, and are kind to one another and our clients. Join us!
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We’re committed to supporting employees’ happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on protected categories, we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $67,320 – $91,080, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.
About the Role
- You will be the primary paralegal with responsibility for and ownership of a large portion of our litigation docket.
- You will help to manage litigation, including by conducting fact-finding investigations, collecting data, and maintaining case files.
- You will work with our ediscovery vendors and become our key internal resource for issuing legal holds, collecting, retaining, reviewing, and producing documents.
- You will work closely with our in-house legal team and outside counsel as well as cross-functional partners, and you will act as the first escalation point within the Legal Team for a variety of internal teams.
- The ideal candidate demonstrates excellent judgment and excels at prioritizing key tasks.
- You will manage small cases through each stage, from intake and investigation to resolution and response.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will
- Have an opportunity to own important portions of our docket of litigation while building processes and identifying key opportunity areas for enhanced efficiency.
- Enjoy rolling your sleeves up and working closely with cross-functional teams to understand their workflow/requirements as part of our larger mission.
- Look forward to solving problems and performing in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Have an opportunity to become an internal expert on ediscovery.
- Be excited to identify areas for improvement, and driven to lead projects from start to finish.
- You’re self-motivated and seek to thrive autonomously.
- You are comfortable making decisions, always seeking growth, and demonstrating ownership over projects.
- You have 4+ years of experience managing a large docket of cases in a top law firm or in-house.
- You have experience with ediscovery, including issuing legal holds, working with ediscovery vendors, and are comfortable using and learning document review platforms.
- You have familiarity with the tech industry, particularly the on-demand or logistics space.
- You are committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment and have prioritized participating in DEI initiatives in past roles.
How To Apply:
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page