- Job Title Medical Coding Specialist
- Hiring Organization Teladoc Health
- Company Website https://teladochealth.com/
- Remote Locations United States
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Teladoc Health is a global, whole person care company made up of a diverse community of people dedicated to transforming the healthcare experience. As an employee, you’re empowered to show up every day as your most authentic self and be a part of something bigger – thriving both personally and professionally. Together, let’s empower people everywhere to live their healthiest lives.
This role will be responsible for reviewing medical record documentation for accurately assigning diagnostic and procedural coding relative to revenue and reimbursement for all encounters associated with Teladoc Health. This will also include translating patient information into alpha-numeric medical codes using patient treatment, health history, diagnosis, and related information. ICD-10-CM and CPT code assignments must be consistent with CMS’ Official Guidelines, any regulatory agency and payer guidelines.
We will look to your knowledge of CPT, ICD-10 coding guidelines, compliance, and professional billing practices; including knowledge of Evaluation and Management Guidelines to coordinate with Coding Leadership to identify provider education and revenue opportunities.
The base salary range for this position is $50,000.00-60,000.00. In addition to a base salary, this position is eligible for a performance bonus and benefits (subject to eligibility requirements) listed here: Teladoc Health Benefits 2023. Total compensation is based on several factors including, but not limited to, type of position, location, education level, work experience, and certifications. This information is applicable for all full-time positions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never have and never will discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, membership in an employee organization, medical condition, family history, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, parental status or pregnancy.
Teladoc Health respects your privacy and is committed to maintaining the confidentiality and security of your personal information. In furtherance of your employment relationship with Teladoc Health, we collect personal information responsibly and in accordance with applicable data privacy laws, including but not limited to, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Personal information is defined as: Any information or set of information relating to you, including (a) all information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you, and (b) all information that any applicable law treats as personal information. Teladoc Health’s Notice of Privacy Practices for U.S. Employees’ Personal information is available at this link.
- Complete accountable work related to pended charges in work queue review to ensure timely billing in conjunction with billing and compliance guidelines
- Select correct code assignment by proficient analysis and translation of diagnostic statements, physician’s orders, and other pertinent documentation
- Responsible for keeping abreast of current ICD-10 and CPT coding guidelines and regulatory guidance; including responsibility for maintaining current coding certification status
- Participates in process improvement assignments and other duties as assigned in coordination with billing for documentation review as needed for rebill and appeals
- 4+ years professional coding experience, billing for professional services, and related experience
- Associate degree in related field or equivalent experience may be substituted
- Current AAPC Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification
- Expertise of Coding and Billing Guidelines for multiple specialties
- Technical knowledge and skills of electronic medical records
- A New Category in Healthcare: Teladoc Health is transforming the healthcare experience and empowering people everywhere to live healthier lives.
- Our Work Truly Matters: Recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care, Teladoc Health uses proprietary health signals and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes across the full continuum of care, at every stage in a person’s health journey.
- Make an Impact: In more than 175 countries and ranked Best in KLAS for Virtual Care Platforms in 2020, Teladoc Health leverages more than a decade of expertise and data-driven insights to meet the growing virtual care needs of consumers and healthcare professionals.
- Focus on PEOPLE: Teladoc Health has been recognized as a top employer by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference, in this fast-moving, collaborative, and inspiring environment.
- Diversity and Inclusion: At Teladoc Health we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
- Growth and Innovation: We’ve already made healthcare yet remain on the threshold of very big things. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible difference in the lives of our Members.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location United States
- Salary Offer $50,000.00-60,000.00
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Associate Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page