- Job Title Mid-level Backend Software Engineer, DOTS
- Hiring Organization Gympass
- Company Website https://www.gympass.com/us
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
GET TO KNOW US
Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment – but you’ll make wellbeing universal, so everyone can be happy and healthy.
We are hiring a Mid-Level Backend Software Engineer to join our DOTS (Digital Operation Technology Systems) Team in Brazil.
At DOTS, we are developing scalable solutions that make Gympassers more productive, assuring user-friendly, data-driven, and confident products, for efficient and measurable work in the business areas.
We divide the DOTS PD team internally into 4 Product Domains responsible for changing the company vision into an experience-centric one using different approaches.
You will help us to build products in a fifth squad placed horizontally through all these domains. This squad was named by us DOTS CX Platform. This team is responsible for planning, building, and maintaining platforms that simplify the other 4 teams’ work being a gateway that centralizes some business rules that are useful for at least two domains, such as customer recognitions and categorization, migration status, roles & permissions, and other shared contexts.
Diversity, Equity, and Belonging at Gympass
We aim to create a collaborative, supportive, and inclusive space where everyone knows they belong.
Gympass is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Questions on how we treat your personal data? See our Job Applicant Privacy Notice.
We are looking for a team member to help us evolve and maintain our products, improve our delivery processes, adopt new technologies, and find new ways to empower Gympassers to do their work in an efficient and measurable way.
You will be able to empower Gympass’ consumers to solve their own problems anytime, anywhere, by themselves with well-designed products like Gympass Help Center, Gympass Community, WebChat, and Chatbot, built through integrations between internal and 3rd party software recognized as the most refined solutions in the market.
- Develop and deploy project level solutions with minimum supervision;
- Keep things simple without unnecessary complexity;
- Own project deliverables inside an application or service;
- Write effective and comprehensive design documents, predicting failure cases;
- Provide useful and relevant feedback on code and design reviews;
- Communicate technical decisions through design documents, RFCs and, sometimes, meetings;
- Help the team to analyze different approaches to meet goals, doing trade offs to solve problems by having the right balance between risk and ambition, but sometimes asking for prioritization and scope decrease;
- Help on hiring new talents by interviewing, providing referrals and onboarding;
- Search and generate logs, as well as to analyze data to support technical decisions;
- Solve bugs and debug your own products using application logs and data;
- You are familiar with backend stacks like Go Lang, Kotlin + Spring Boot, AWS, Kubernetes and RDS or NoSQL Databases;
- You have experience in developing APIs RESTful web services collaborating with other teams;
- You are self-aware of your strengths and weakness;
- You have experience applying computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, async programming and complexity analysis;
- You have experience designing and developing complex modern services applications;
- You have experience working with modern agile product development teams;
- You share the learning and enjoy helping your team to collaborate within and with other teams;
- You seek to have the highest quality in your products, considering user experience as well as systems’ cost, maintainability, availability and resilience;
- You have well developed communication skills, you are capable of clearly articulate ideas when communicate to groups in English;
- You are able to communicate with your teammates and stakeholders asynchronously and using English when needed
We’re a wellness company that is committed to the health and well-being of our employees. Our flexible program allows you to customize your benefits, according to your needs! Our benefits include:
WELLNESS: Health, dental, and life insurance.
FLEXIBLE WORK: Choose when and where you work. For most, this will be a hybrid office/remote structure but can vary depending on the needs of the role and employee preferences. We offer all employees a home office stipend and a monthly flexible work allowance to help cover the costs of working from home.
FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We understand that together, Gympassers and their leaders can make the best decisions for their own individual scopes. This includes flexibility to adjust their working hours based on their personal schedule, time zone, and business needs.
GYMPASS: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too. Access onsite gyms and fitness studios, digital fitness programs, and online wellness resources for meditation, nutrition, mental health support, and more. You will receive the Gold plan at no cost, and other premium plans will be significantly discounted.
PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
BR: Vacations after 6 months and 3 days off per year + 1 day off for each year of tenure (up to 5 additional days) + extra day off for your birthday.
PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
BR: 100% paid parental leave of 6 weeks to all new parents, of both biological and adopted children, regardless of gender and parent’s relationship with the co-parent, Also extended maternity leave under local legislation
CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world! You’ll partner with global colleagues and share in the success of a high-growth technology company disrupting the health and wellness space. Our value-based culture of trust, flexibility, and integrity makes this possible every day. Find more info on our careers page!
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Mid Level
- Education Level Non Specific
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based)
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page