- Job Title Motion Designer
- Hiring Organization Perry Street Software
- Company Website https://www.perrystreet.com/about
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Perry Street Software is looking for a Motion Designer for the Scruff and Jack’d app team. As a Motion Designer, you’ll pair with lead creatives to concept captivating logo animations, engaging in-app UI animations and brand-specific reels and motion graphics. Your work will have a significant impact on our brand and product user experience.
This is a project-based contract. Hours vary depending on the scope of work and needs of the team.
Hourly Rate: $35-$50
Perry Street Software is Jack’d and SCRUFF. We are two of the world’s largest gay, bi, trans and queer social dating apps on iOS and Android. Our brands reach more than 30 million members worldwide so members can connect, meet and express themselves on a platform that prioritizes privacy, security, and community. Our company puts user privacy first, and doesn’t use third-party ad networks or tracking software.
A 100% remote, 100% global team
Every day, the PSS product team comes together virtually from more than 18 cities in more than 12 countries. As a colleague at PSS, you can work from any timezone in North America, South America, or Europe.
Perry Street is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, disability, marital status, caregiver status, pregnancy, citizenship, age, military or veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
- Your first projects will be in-app animations for a variety of placements:
- store / upgrade animations
- brand animations
- logo / splash screen
- Social marketing creative
- If successful, further projects will continue.
- Play an active role in brainstorming or idea generation with senior members of the Creative team. Communicate ideas and thoughts clearly.
- Consistently deliver a number of successful solutions and high-quality work on time.
- Be comfortable presenting ideas and creative to leadership and peers.
- 4+ years of motion design experience.
- A degree in Motion Design, Visual Studies or other design-related field is preferred.
- Ability and experience to produce motion designs across a variety of formats, platforms and environments including logos, visual identities, apps and websites, out of home media, social media, physical environments and more.
- A minimum experience with 2D animation tools such as After Effects, Principle or Framer
- Experience with video editing software to realize your visual proposals.
- Strong illustration skills to contribute to the design process.
- High-quality motion design and animation work showcased in your portfolio.
- A strong grasp and understanding of brands and their visual impact on culture.
- Experience in prototyping and translating UI animations & micro-interactions into specifications for product development.
- Strong attention to detail and an eye for visual aesthetics.
- Solid understanding of user-centered design, UX principles, best practices and how motion design can improve the user experience.
- A solid grasp of design fundamentals including: typography, illustration and animation.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer $35-$50
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page