- Job Title Network Security Engineer
- Hiring Organization Applied Insight
- Company Website https://www.applied-insight.com/
- Remote Locations Worldwide
- Job Type Remote, Full-Time
Applied Insight enhances the ability of federal government customers to preserve national security, deliver justice and serve the public with advanced technologies and quality analysis. We work closely with agencies and industry to overcome technical and cultural hurdles to innovation, empowering them with the latest end-to-end cloud infrastructure, big data and cyber capabilities. Our expertise in cross-domain and boundary solutions, network analytics, DevOps and low-to-high development is unique in our industry. We develop and deliver innovative products and applications that are deployed in highly sensitive customer environments and have broad applications for federal missions.
On joining the Applied Insight team, you’ll be working to solve real-world problems on missions that matter with people who share your passions and encourage your ambition. It’s vital to us that we hire committed people who are great at what they do. We return that commitment by empowering them with the autonomy, the support and the tools they need to fulfill their true potential.
Applied Insight provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
- Work directly with customer and cross functional teams to design, develop, implement, enhance, maintain, and administer a NAC solution for endpoint security
- Create policies and profiling network devices that govern what type of access and devices are allowed within the environment.
- Support Forescout products (EyeSight, EyeControl, EyeRecover, etc.) to support client zero-trust NAC solution.
- Develop and administer a NAC reporting portal, and support access control administration
- Support design and deployment of functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
- Resolving issues that tiers of support have escalated
- Mentoring team members and addressing user needs
- Excellent problem-solving skills and thorough knowledge of network administration and architecture
- Monitor network performance and integrity
- Author enterprise compliance standards and networking architecture
- Collaborate with Technical SMEs and vendor relations
- Log interpretation for audit, compliance, risk, and security teams
- Audit artifact collection and representation for security constructs supporting all network device assets and management systems.
- Create and/or maintain applicable standards documentation, design documentation/templates/ topology diagrams and workflow documents.
Contribute to the overall strategic vision of the federal agency to analyze requirements, design/test solutions, deploy into production, and maintain. The network security engineer will perform duties/tasks specifically related to engineering and administration of the Network Access Control (NAC) solution. The candidate will provide policy management and NAC administration for wired, wireless, and remote (VPN) users
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- 8+ years’ experience and a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (additional experience in lieu of a degree) •
- Industry-related experience as a Network Engineer supporting Federal Government
- Demonstrate strong to advanced knowledge of Network Access Control (NAC).
- Demonstrate strong to advanced knowledge of Forescout NAC products (CounterACT, EyeSight, EyeControl, EyeRecover, etc.)
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of network architecture and protocols
- Demonstrate high level understanding of multi-tiered application traffic flow, server load balancing, global load balancing, and routing
- Demonstrated high level experience with Cisco switches and ACLs
- Demonstrated experience leading troubleshooting and maintenance efforts for Network Access Control Solutions
- Ability to obtain a public trust clearance
- Must successfully pass a background check and any additional customer background investigation requirements prior to employment
What we are desiring from you (i.e. the nice-to-have qualifications):
- Professional Forescout certification
- Solid background in network administration and architecture •
- Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools (e.g. SolarWinds network tools)
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
- Understanding of Interior Gateway Routing protocols (e.g., OSPF, EIGRP), Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) configuration, BGP peering, BGP route advertisements, prefix-lists and route-maps, SSH and SNMP protocols
- Strong knowledge of incident management, problem management, and change management best-practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills due to the need to communicate extensively with remote team members, vendors and during time sensitive incidents
- Experience using network management tools and packet captures to resolve operational issues
- Sharp troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work independently
- Organizational and mentoring skills
- Familiar and knowledgeable with load balancing technologies
- Demonstrated ISE integration experience with wireless services, radius authentication, VPNs, and load balancing.
- Demonstrated operational experience with network platform technologies, including hardware refresh, software testing, software upgrades, and complex troubleshooting techniques
- Demonstrate strong to advanced knowledge of Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE).
- Multiple health insurance options which include a PPO plan with ZERO deductibles and an HSA plan.
- 401k Immediate Vesting. Company matches 100% of the first 3% contributed and 50% of the next 2% contributed.
- Fully paid long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance.
- Flexible Spending Account options.
- Generous paid time off.
- Flexible work schedules with the ability to bank extra hours for additional time off.
- Government shutdown protection where employees don’t have to use leave for up to 3 days out of the year for inclement weather or budget issues.
- Employee centric culture and a belief that we should empower those who are good at what they do and then give them the tools they need to achieve success and grow their career.
- A commitment to learning and growth and easy ways to achieve both including a training budget, education assistance, mentorship programs and collaborative learning sessions.
- A collaborative environment that fosters communication and an open-door policy.
How To Apply
Click “Apply” below to fill in the application form!
- Remote Job Location Anywhere
- Salary Offer to be discussed
- Experience Level Senior Level
- Education Level Bachelor's Degree
- Working Hours to be arranged (full time based )
- Job Application Via Custom Application Page